Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
401 - 420 of 476 Posts

·
919 City Pilot
1,043 Posts
Looks like "Just little 'ol me" :) Pay up suckers~

Day 7 eek! Urges are getting less....But I have to much energy now and cant sleep worth a ****........

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts

Day 7 eek! Urges are getting less....But I have to much energy now and cant sleep worth a ****........
You need to shoot for 14-days!

On a side note. I had an absolutely perfect Habana Romeo & Juliet Churchill last evening!!:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
7,109 Posts

There are still months to go, so no premature end zone dances.
Great going PJF! I find what you are sensing very interesting!
We need WTSO contest status reports from LN, BN, and easy?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I feel that I have 100% quit. Its been around 3 months now since I've had one and I don't even think about them anymore, even when I'm out drinking.

·
Premium Member
7,109 Posts
Good news for those contestants already fallen off the WTSO wagon (LN? and BN?). BN's stated target date is 10/20. Which means you get free rebuys until six months before or 4/20. So get psyched, stock up on nicotine patches, and throw away your cancer sticks. Don't let Eazy and PJF win your $100 (first two months rebuys are $50). This challenge is for your own good!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah, yeah. LN surely must be planning another quitting day since she hasn't posted up her last cigarette on this thread as promised, maybe? I just completely fell off the wagon after 2 days, right back to a pack a day. So you other peeps are way ahead right now! I'm planning another quitting day here, probably within a week or there-abouts.

PJ, excellent job! I quit for 9 months about 2 & 1/2 years ago, so I know all the good stuff that happens, and is gonna happen again when I quit, this time for the LAST time. Lots & lots & lots of energy, smokers' hack COMPLETELY GONE!, senses of smell and taste returned (but seem like magnified 50 to 100x), more aware of the body and it's needs (like food, nutrients, sleep, exercise, whatever), to name a few. Also enjoyed cigars very much during those 9 months.

So, looks like within a week or so I'll be aimin' to re-enter the race. Dream, we know it's for our own good, very much good at that. Nonehteless, a hundred thanks for all the goodwill on this.

I'm stocking up a bit on cigars as well. Not the big ones that take 2 to 3 hours each, but I like the smaller ones you can finish within a half hour or so, but still rich and name brand. These interrupt fewer tasks timewise, than the larger ones that take half a day to smoke.

I'll post up the last butt when it's done, within a week or so! Great job to everybody else who has successfully kicked the butts: Bigdaa, Easy e, Simpson, pegjumpflyer and any others lurking about.

·
919 City Pilot
1,043 Posts
Hell I have been off and on these damn things since I was 16-17 years old...
Had been off for 5 years and had to pick one up one day...next day back to a pack a day...(2 years ago!) I kick myself for being so stupid.
Day 8 pretty much over the urges...now the battle to keep up the will power not to start again.....
I am however getting a little Jig together...something like the "in your face" PB and Jelly dance :)

·
Quitting is for Quitters!
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #410 ·
oh jeez, sorry i havn't posted up. I did quit when i said I would, I lasted 4 days and then right back to it again. I have about a half of a pack left now so i will re-enter the race as well. Probably by Thursday.

·
Registered
98 Posts
14 days and doing just fine..........
It's news like THIS that makes my quitting day VERY close indeed! LN, did ya hear this?

Great job, and keep telling us how well it's going Pegjumpflyer. It'll just lure us into quitting that much sooner. And maybe some new people will join us!

·
919 City Pilot
1,043 Posts
Wow in just 2 weeks what a change! I now can really breath! And thats not all! I have a girl on each arm now , a brand new car! I won the lotto!! It just never stops!
I LOVE AMERICA!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I am still 100% non-smoker. Its to the point right now where when I see the guys I work with go outside 4 times a day to feed the habit, I'm thinking...."what morons."

See, that is what got me to quit. I truly enjoyed having a cigarette or 5 socially when at a bar, etc...but when your entire day has to fuggin revolve around getting a cigarette every 3 hours...or whatever....man, screw that!

I got an email from a buddy of mine in PA. He got in some trouble a while back and had to do some jail time. Which is besides the point, but his first weekend out, he had to take a trip up to New York. The purpose of the trip was to take his son up to see his dad (grandpa) for the first and last time. He had lung cancer, and he was dying. He did end up dying that weekend and from what my buddy said, it was horrific. He quit immediately.

401 - 420 of 476 Posts