Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Party Machine
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And managed not to wreck the bike. I'm feeling pretty good about that.

Backtrack.... It's 245ish and we(my band) just got done loading the band trailer and one of my buddies calls me and tells me to meet him and some other people at the dennys about 20 miles from the bar im at.(Mind you i was not drinking at all since i knew i would have the bike with me) I'm thinking ok i can do that im hungry. SO i get all my gear on and start heading on my merry way. It's some back roads in WV then i hit some long boring straightaways. So at first im cruising around 70 then i start thinking i should slow down a bit because all i see is fields. SO i drop down the 55mph speed limit and start getting bored so i start speeding up then slowing down to apease myself. i see a reflection about 60 yards from me to the left side and figured it was a deer so when i turn my head back slightly to look back ahead *BAM* deer jumps right out in front of me and i clip its back leg with my tire and then i feel the death wobble. So in a panic i kick down a gear and hit it wide open. Death wobble went away and i then came to a stop to catch my breath because i think i just shit my pants. I look back and see the deer hopping through the field. I think it was limping. I hope so. Fucking deer.

see about 6 more deer on the way to dennys. I pull in meet up with them and have me some nice cold coka-cola.

I hate deer. I need new underwear now.

·
Serial Monogamist
1,511 Posts
You are lucky. I had my deer strike in Nockamixon Park, Pa with my old Wing about 9 years ago. Tapped him hard in the ass, he fell and rolled twice, I regained control of the bike, and did not go down. Broken windshield, lost the mirror, cracked fairing, and blew the low beam.

Doc

·
Super Moderator
7,664 Posts
Damn deer, I missed one by about an inch (literally) last year, scared the crap out of me.

·
The chill Moderator
3,304 Posts
Glad your okay bud!! You are one lucky SOB!!!!

I hate deer just as much. When I first was starting to learn to ride I was on the 50cc Zuma and my father-in-law was on his fully restored 1970 Vespa P200. Came around a corner at about 35mph and sure enough I see a beautiful Mule Deer Doe on the edge of the road. I was able to swerve and avoid her but I knew I spooked her and she was going to bolt and he was going to hit her. I looked in my side mirror and sure enough I watch a head on collision of my Father-in-law and this Doe. I had that Zuma turned so quickly you would have thought I was Stoner or Rossi. Good thing we are ATGATT guys because even at that low speed his gear was trashed. He was knocked out clean when I got to him and came to after 2 min. Still didn’t have a clue what happened three days later. This is when I first got out of the military so my Combat Medic and EMT skills were still sharp and the lady behind him was an ER nurse. Also the local Volunteer FD was training that night and was only 2mi up the road. From the time of the accident to the hospital was only 15min. He suffered slight memory loss (The accident and everything after for about 6 hours) and I guess what you can call “road rash” from where he slid on his jacket and the heat caused a slight burn.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Wow Glad you and the bike are OK!!

·
Chief 10 Beers
169 Posts
Glad your OK! A co-worker of mine died after such an encounter.

·
Party Machine
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
glad to see you made it thru ok...should I send shorts along with the rear
pegs?
Lol I wear a size medium.

The bike looks of from when i checked it in the dennys parking lot. I'll have to go today and give it another go over. I did not get home till late and just wanted to post my story and get to sleep lol

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
You lucky dog! Glad you made it through ok!

I've thankfully never even had a close call with a deer on the bike, but I hit two in one swipe once on the interstate in my old 72 Dodge Dart. they didnt even damage my car, other than kiling the filament in one headlight, but it did send me off the road, into the median where I got stuck in some deep snow.

·
Party Machine
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I apparently am not loved by the hippies on my facebook.

Caitie Keoughan He is not a fucker...it is his world. Not yours...
8 hours ago · Like · 4 people

Cody Calp damn dude
8 hours ago · Like

Wesley Mexcillent Sharkton Thank God. Glad you're ok, brother.
6 hours ago · Like

Wesley Mexcillent Sharkton My youngest brother hit a deer on his motorcycle last month. Crashed and the whole right side of his bike got ripped up. Thankfully he only sprained his knee and had minor abrasions...
6 hours ago · Like

Brenton Renner ‎20 bucks says if you hit a deer with your jeep you would not feel the same way. so fuck off hippie.
2 hours ago · Like · 4 people

Wesley Mexcillent Sharkton What Brenton said. Humans are far more important and valuable to this world than some brainless animal that is better off on my plate than in the woods.
2 hours ago · Like

Zachary Blankenship just remember square up your arms and hit the throttle more....everything i didnt do when i hit mine ...im fairly sure i took my hands off and covered my eyes
about an hour ago · Like

Brenton Renner once i clipped it i started to get the death wobble and just went wide open. once it stopped and pulled over to make sure to collect myself. shit was scary.
about an hour ago · Like

Todd A Judy glad your ok
about an hour ago · Like

Brenton Renner thanks boss
about an hour ago · Like

Zachary Blankenship good recovery then man same happened to me with the wobbles but i was hanging half way over the front end ...hit mine dead center ....good your okay tho man
about an hour ago · Like

Jake Lee motorcycles deer .... fuck tht shit
about an hour ago · Like

Jake Lee wear xxl white tees and drive cars dude yall gon gdet hurt
about an hour ago · Like

Sam Kennell I'm killing every deer I see now, I'm gonna make sure this never happens again.
about an hour ago · Like

Caitie Keoughan i never did like you. you just reminded me why, you're a fucking idiot. and if i did hit a deer with my jeep, i wouldn't bitch about it like a baby because shit happens. they are bound to go on the road sometime. so you sir can fuck off, whatever you are.
18 minutes ago · Like

Sam Kennell You dumb ass, he hit a deer on a bike.. I'm pretty sure he has every reason to bitch about it.
13 minutes ago · Like

Brenton Renner Yes i am a fucking idiot. Becasue hitting a deer with a bike and a car are totally the same thing. How shallow am i for being pissed off about it.

lol hippies just dont understand

·
The chill Moderator
3,304 Posts
Umm your an Animal too so technicaly it is your world as well. Or we can go the religous route and say that God created Earth and placed Humans and Deer on Earth. There for again it is your world as well. Dumbass Hippies.

·
Party Machine
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Needless to say, im not to heartbroken that she never liked me. She is likesome girl that my gf knows or something like that? Hell i dont know or care. I hope she hits a deer. then she'll learn that the animals are not so nice.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Katie Keoughan said:
i never did like you. you just reminded me why, you're a fucking idiot. and if i did hit a deer with my jeep, i wouldn't bitch about it like a baby because shit happens. they are bound to go on the road sometime. so you sir can fuck off, whatever you are.
Damn...what a bitch!

·
The chill Moderator
3,304 Posts
^^^I would use the C word but it is banned on here

1 - 20 of 40 Posts