Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Power 2 the pedal
10,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure if I should post this in the comedy section or general discussion. Anyhoo, I got a good belly laugh this morning while reading a review of the new ZX-14. Here is the part that got me laughing:

After checking out the ZX-14 in the minimal twisties available in both Nevada and Florida, it seems to be a competent corner carver, although I would like to get a chance to really try to twist it up on a good canyon road before singing too much praise about it. Wheelbase measures in at 57.5 inches which combined with a short 23.0 degree rake and 94mm of trail is an equation that adds up to decent maneuverability from a bike this humungous. A fully adjustable 43mm inverted fork and bottom-link Uni-Track rear suspension combo provides a plush, comfortable ride on the street and track. Now, if you bolt a 2-foot extended swingarm on it, like you know many of these bikes are destined to, it probably won't handle quite as well, so you may want to avoid that.

It came from this article.(a good read, but funny): http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=3155&Page=2

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
The Dr. Seuss part was a hoot! Great article, I really like the way Ken writes.

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
600RidgeRunner said:
Now, if you bolt a 2-foot extended swingarm on it, like you know many of these bikes are destined to, it probably won't handle quite as well, so you may want to avoid that.

It came from this article.(a good read, but funny): http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=3155&Page=2

FINE! I will go ahead and return the darn thing then! :mad: Next thing you will tell me is that the Chrome Wheels and neon lights won't make me go ovef 205 MPH! :wacko:

·
Power 2 the pedal
10,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WIM-RC51 said:
FINE! I will go ahead and return the darn thing then! :mad: Next thing you will tell me is that the Chrome Wheels and neon lights won't make me go ovef 205 MPH! :wacko:
Hehehehehe...... Should'nt you be posting in the "Posers Confessional" Thread?

The article is a good read though.

·
The "Eagle" Has Landed
7,093 Posts
600RidgeRunner said:
Hehehehehe...... Should'nt you be posting in the "Posers Confessional" Thread? QUOTE]

I did... no one believed that my bike gets a 2" swingarm extension and chrome wheels with neon lights, pig mirrors, and 3-D colour paint job when I go to the track! :whistling:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts