Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow is the doctors appointment for the girlfriend. Which appointment? Her 40 weeks on the nose pregnant appointment. We get to schedule the induced birthing appt for them to pump her full of hormones and MAKE that baby come out. Had to buy the cruising cycle at the end of last year, just before we found out she was knocked up. Less riding, less fishing, fewer spontaneous things.
But I will have a legacy, I guess. I am gonna be a daddy by next weekend! Holy mierde! Guess I better be ready. :cower:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Prefer French to Spanish, Brian. Merde was what I was shooting for, but I speak 'em better than I write 'em.
And thanks, both of ya's. Should be a fun if trying time. Also tryin to quit smokin, and this light headed thing is gettin to me. Dayum, I want a cigarette!

·
Premium Member
12,874 Posts
Damn it Brian! Can't you layoff the first post in a thread once and a while?:fight:
:D :idunno:
Prefer French to Spanish, Brian. Merde was what I was shooting for, but I speak 'em better than I write 'em.
And thanks, both of ya's. Should be a fun if trying time. Also tryin to quit smokin, and this light headed thing is gettin to me. Dayum, I want a cigarette!
don't do it... i quit after smoking for 20+ years... you can quit also... you will thank yourself...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Congrats. You're right it does restrict you a little but it is totally worth it. It's the best job in the world. My 15 month daughter keeps me laughing all day.

Hang in there with quitting smoking. Next week makes two months nicotine free for me and it gets easier every day. I won't lie, the first few days are a real mother but it gradually gets better. Some days I don't even think about a cigarette. If I can do it anyone can. Hang in there. Just think of the money you'll save that you can spend on bike parts.....well ok, mostly diapers and formula but some bike parts at least.

·
LIVE FOR THE PROCESS
653 Posts
You're ready; you just don't know it. You'll realize it when you hold your baby for the first time (read this matter-of-factly, not sappily-this is a dang motorcycle website).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all. I know it's a dang motorcycle site, but at least I am in the right forum for non motorcycle chatter! Little nervous about the upcoming festivites, and wanted to vent just a bit. You may now resume normal MC related discussions. :::Boop:::

·
Registered
508 Posts
Dude, being a dad is awesome, but like everything else you have to experience it to really understand. And in a few years you be wondering why you were so freaked out and congratualting the next guy with your same fears/ concerns.

Happy Father's day In advance! It's the best job you'll ever have.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Remember, God makes them extra cute when they are young so you don't kill them when they are teenagers :)

And during your sleepless nights read the book; How to be Happy in spite of Your Children.

6 lessons to remember:
1.) Don't share your potential names with anyone
2.) Listen to your instinctual parental gut. It's more correct for YOUR children then what was correct for someone elses.
3.) Don't allow your parents or inlaws stay over the first week. Yes, you will be total freaked out. But you and your wife will get through it, the baby will survive, you will nervously laugh, you will quickly learn what works and doesn't, and bond to your bambino like superglue.
4.) MASTER swaddling like it was duct tape.
5.) You don't need half the crap they sell at Babies R Us.
6.) Don't take anyone's advice (see #2)

Enjoy every single momment and nano second.

·
Legalize it please?
1,176 Posts
My daughter is 2 1/2 and, yeah, it was scary as hell, but it was the coolest thing in the universe the first time you get home from work and here "daddy, daddy!" Your life will change drastically, but all for the better! Also with the smoking, i quit when i when i went outside for the after dinner smoke and Izzy POUNDED on the door until i came in and realized i wouldn't be able to spend as much time with her if i smoked... if i'm not there to kill her first boyfriend who will? Any way congrats bro!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts