Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have been sending nasty gram emails to Honda Canada for years asking them to bring the CB1300 Super Four to Canada... Always get back a standard marketing reply.. yet, HC spends the time and money to bring in this...

HC must sell so many units of this so called bike that I have never ever seen one on the road.. Wow HC great job..

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Sky Automotive lighting

·
919 Rider
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
CB1300 super four weight is 268kg, according to google.
I’ve got my fingers crossed they come to Australia.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Honda NZ seems to have been watering down the selection of what they bring in, from what I have seen on the odd occasion that I have ventured into a dealership.
I have been sending nasty gram emails to Honda Canada for years asking them to bring the CB1300 Super Four to Canada... Always get back a standard marketing reply.. yet, HC spends the time and money to bring in this...

HC must sell so many units of this so called bike that I have never ever seen one on the road.. Wow HC great job..

View attachment 158782
Yes, the good old marketing spin....got their heads up so far their asses, totally out of touch what people would want. Asif there's not enough scooters running around the place.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think the "magic formula" for the existing 919/Hornet is relatively simple: Naked bike without "Tupperware," large engine in the 900 - 1000 cc range tuned for mid-range torque, and then modest weight. We might go so far as to request analog instruments and NO insect-looking headlight! Cost needs to be reasonable. Not everyone can afford a $15,000 motorcycle. But then, I have a nice 919 which will most likely outlive me so why do I need a new one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hornet is a Super naked, CB 1300 is a heavy naked, CB1100 is a vintage naked..
The Hornet Cb1000r which is the model after the 900 is insect looking and here in EU probably the most expensive second hand Supernaked.
The cheapest ones are the 900 Hornets, probably because of the suspension lacking and boredom, according to some, and also the enormous quantity of the 600 Hornets on the market. Same the Suzuki. So again, boring. Then come the Tuono / the twins/, RSVs and Falcos, nice but not so reliable. Then the KTMs, the 990 Superduke, same as the Aprilia, even more expensive to maintain.
And then the Cb1000r much more expensive than all the before mentioned. From what I see is considered the top used naked together with the Aprilia newer Tuonos.
But what I am saying is people like insect looking bikes, like Hondas. There is a lot of blah blah but to sell a second hand Honda is 10 times easier than any other brand. Honestly the only other brand I will ever consider is Aprilia.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts