Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Honda hornet 919, fuel injector keeps disassembling itself

728 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Bigdaa 
How’s it going, this is my first post to wristtwisters. Everyone’s been so helpful with the multitude of bikes that I’ve had but I need some advice on what’s going on with my 919.

i’ve been having issues with my fuel pump for a long time now. Basically where it stands is I’m on the third fuel pump motor and for some reason it keeps disconnecting from the hose. It’s an all balls racing fuel pump, and the best assumption I can give is that it’s creating too much pressure for the system when it primes? I had to take it to a shop because I thought it was something bigger with the fuel system, but they said that I just installed it incorrectly and that’s what caused the hose to fall off. But I got it back from the shop and put about 300 miles on it and it’s doing the same thing.
I’m curious if anybody’s had a similar experience.
This is very much a new one going by memory.
Any reason for using such a pump?
How about an OEM, or legit factory equivalent, or used OEM instead?
There is a bypass circuit all the time, it's a positive displacement constant flow pump, it can't survive without full flow.
Is the hose barb off gauge?
Is the hose duff?

Thinking a bit more........
If the All Balls fuel pump capacity is really high, maybe the bypass circuit can't cope with that much bypass volume?
In which case the pump would over pressurize the fuel rail?
Just wondering out loud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.