Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Far as the circle of life goes, no real problems to speak of. It's a Honda Mang!

Prices are going to vary on condition, mods, has it been down ect...

·
Super Moderator
4,539 Posts
It would be worth about $4500 if it was in pristine condition. Nice aftermarket accessories like quality cans or a PCIII would make it more appealing, but I still wouldn't pay anything over that for it as you can get a new one for $6500-$6900 if you know where to look.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I'd guess you might be near the end of chain length, might be able to haggle the price down a little based on that. Also, if it hasn't had the valves done yet (16,000 mile maintenance), you might be able to get the price down a little for that, too.

The valve thing isn't absolutely vital, from what I hear. Seems most 919 owners who have had it done found that the valves were still in spec. All the same, can't hurt to have a haggle point. I just like saying haggle.

Oh, and I'm with LDH on the price. 4500 is probably a good starting point. I got my '03 for 5900 with a paltry 6027 miles on it in absolutely pristine condition and w/ a spare gas tank. I might have slightly overpaid, but mine was immaculate when I bought it.

·
Super Moderator
4,539 Posts
Hey I am with ya at $5900 & 6000 miles, but 4 years old with 18,000 miles it is not going to be a pristine example of a 919.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
I would bid around $3500 for starters if it has been maintained well but I wouldn't pay anything over $4200 for an 18k model, but then again that's just my opinion.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey thanks a lot for the replies. He says he drove it for 17 months as a daily driver with regular oil changes. Thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts