Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Wow - seems like you have the perfect fuelling set-up.
I hate having hiccups or other fueling related issues on a bike, so I went a bit overboard. The POD300 allows me to add or subtract fuel in 3 designated rpm windows on the fly, so I can use that to roughly tune out a stumble when at altitude.

It runs cleanly down to 900rpms, and begins to pull very hard about 1000rpms sooner than it did with the crude factory fueling map.

I can post my PCV file if you have a similar setup, and you can give it a try. Stock header, low mount muffler, stock air cleaner with the flapper removed.

·
Left of Centre
3,991 Posts
I can post my PCV file if you have a similar setup, and you can give it a try. Stock header, low mount muffler, stock air cleaner with the flapper removed.
Thanks, that's very generous. Yes, my setup is similar, stock header and low mount muffler, but I have a PC III, and don't know if the maps translate...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
They do, the software is pretty similar. The only big difference that I'm aware of is the accel enrichment setup.

As I leaned it out a lot, I added fuel back in for accel enrichment to maintain a crisp throttle response. You'd have to tweak that, but its easy enough as it's mainly a tune by 'feel' parameter.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Not much to gain there..

Now nitrous? I have toyed with the idea of a small 15-20hp shot and to tie the trigger into the PCV with a dual map.

Alas, it's not really needed for it's intended purpose. It'd just be fun for those pesky 600cc supersports.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts