Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Wow - seems like you have the perfect fuelling set-up.
I hate having hiccups or other fueling related issues on a bike, so I went a bit overboard. The POD300 allows me to add or subtract fuel in 3 designated rpm windows on the fly, so I can use that to roughly tune out a stumble when at altitude.

It runs cleanly down to 900rpms, and begins to pull very hard about 1000rpms sooner than it did with the crude factory fueling map.

I can post my PCV file if you have a similar setup, and you can give it a try. Stock header, low mount muffler, stock air cleaner with the flapper removed.

·
Left of Centre
4,042 Posts
I can post my PCV file if you have a similar setup, and you can give it a try. Stock header, low mount muffler, stock air cleaner with the flapper removed.
Thanks, that's very generous. Yes, my setup is similar, stock header and low mount muffler, but I have a PC III, and don't know if the maps translate...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
They do, the software is pretty similar. The only big difference that I'm aware of is the accel enrichment setup.

As I leaned it out a lot, I added fuel back in for accel enrichment to maintain a crisp throttle response. You'd have to tweak that, but its easy enough as it's mainly a tune by 'feel' parameter.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Not much to gain there..

Now nitrous? I have toyed with the idea of a small 15-20hp shot and to tie the trigger into the PCV with a dual map.

Alas, it's not really needed for it's intended purpose. It'd just be fun for those pesky 600cc supersports.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Just seeing this now for the first time.
Where did you weld the sensor receiving bung on to the header? Somewhere after the 2:1 section?

Yeah, I added a bung in the 'y pipe' to get a sample of all 4 cylinders. It's about 14-15" from the exhaust tip, so sampling at idle shows some reversion but that goes away just off idle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a Recraft Moto rack, it's the only one I liked. My Givi case's baseplate mounts to that.

I had my drone following me in active track mode for a bit to document more of my trip. Lol
I like the look of that rack. I commute back and forth to work, and would like to start taking long weekend trips on my 02 919. I've been looking into the Ventura rack and tail bags, this rack to me looks alot better. My brother in law and I did the U.P. a few years ago,back when I was riding a Fatboy, and I want to get back up there. I also have the Cortech 2.0 saddlebags. It's a start! Great job with your 919...cheers!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I like the look of that rack. I commute back and forth to work, and would like to start taking long weekend trips on my 02 919. I've been looking into the Ventura rack and tail bags, this rack to me looks alot better. My brother in law and I did the U.P. a few years ago,back when I was riding a Fatboy, and I want to get back up there. I also have the Cortech 2.0 saddlebags. It's a start! Great job with your 919...cheers!!
The UP is probably my 2nd favorite place to ride, with Colorado bring the first!

I love the weather, atmosphere, and small towns strewn about the UP.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts