Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
When you relocated the upper mounting point on the rear shock, did you have to drill a new hole? I've read Ken's thread and he didn't say, either
We rode up Pike yesterday! I've been meaning to check out the castle, we may find time to make it out there. The construction is one very cool story.

I jacked the bike up on my lift, disconnected the shock, and mocked it up with the lift raised 1" roughly. Crossed my eyes, and drilled a new hole! 馃槀

WERA481
Interesting thread, I've been thinking of a Adv Lite 919 as well.
When you extended the forks, you put a 35mm spacer internally?
Who makes the skid plate?
What seat is that?
TIA

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Interesting thread, I've been thinking of a Adv Lite 919 as well.
When you extended the forks, you put a 35mm spacer internally?
Who makes the skid plate?
What seat is that?
TIA
Yes, I removed the cartridge and placed a steel spacer under it. Then reassembled it, and set oil height to the factory spec.

T-Rex racing makes the skid plate, it's for a 2012-2020 Versys 1000. Minimal modifications were needed to install it, and it covers all the vital bits.

The seat cover is from Luimoto out of Canada. I reshaped the foam, hollowed it out, placed a gel insert in, and also installed a heated seat element.
For my first attempt at upholstery, I'm happy with the outcome.

Wanna free cat?
Yesterday I rode roughly 300 miles in the mountains on roads ranging from steep dirt, to the interstate.
Everything worked flawlessly, and I'm quite pleased with the setup! Tomorrow I plan on riding a moderate Jeep trail.
What kind of rack do you have to support the tail pack and why is that buzzard following you around?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
What kind of rack do you have to support the tail pack and why is that buzzard following you around?
I have a Recraft Moto rack, it's the only one I liked. My Givi case's baseplate mounts to that.

I had my drone following me in active track mode for a bit to document more of my trip. Lol

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yesterday, I was able to finally find some time to ride up a OHV trail outside of Central City, Colorado. The trail is called Yankee Hill, and is comprised of mainly sandy dirt along with several rock gardens.

To reach the summit, I had to navigate washed out sections of trail and also find good lines through the rock gardens. The last big climb was a real challenge without knobbies, but with some clutch finesse (and a smoking back tire at one point) I was able to find my line. I had the drone follow me through a portion of it in this video.

I'm quite pleased with the bikes performance to and from the trail, as well as how it handled the trail itself. I was able to run street tire pressure the entire time, and I did not change suspension settings at all!

To be able to go from carving corners on mountain passes, to climbing up a moderate Jeep trail, and back really attests to the capabilities of the bike. Here is a video showcasing what I am talking about!

The skid plate held its own against countless rock strikes as well!

Wanna free cat?
Man, Ken Phenix would be diggin on this! Y'all ain't related, are ya? lmao
I'm not much on tech, so how does your pet buzzard keep from running into trees or the back of your head while following you around?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Man, Ken Phenix would be diggin on this! Y'all ain't related, are ya? lmao
I'm not much on tech, so how does your pet buzzard keep from running into trees or the back of your head while following you around?
Not that I'm aware of! I did draw some inspiration from his build though.

Its a DJI Air 2S, it has a full array of sensors around it to sense when it gets close to objects. It works pretty well, so long as I stay around 15-20mph. It'll track faster in sport mode, but that shuts off the avoidance systems and it gets expensive in a hurry..

21 - 40 of 58 Posts