Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of you guys are doing this and well, I'm always up for making a little bit of more $$$... can you expand a little bit on what you guys do or how does one gets started on it? I see a lot of commercials about home business but I am a little paranoic about it because of the old saying "If it sounds to good to be true..."

I think this should be a good discussion here... at least for me ;) :oops:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Well, first you need to be neat, clean and well dressed. You should be in good shape, preferably having six-pack abs. Calvin Klein underwear are the choice. Also, know a few show tunes and musicals.

Keep skin smooth and hair free. Make certain to have several tubes of AstroGlide at all times.....

Oh, sorry. I thought you said **** Businesses. My bad.:crying: Not that there's anything wrogn with that? Right?

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sporty was right... ya'll A$$ Clowns :whistling:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
RC90 said:
Sporty was right... ya'll A$$ Clowns :whistling:
That would be a$$-monkey.:whistling: But, you love us.

To your question. Most of that crap on TV is just that, CRAP! In your area, i would think real estate is still very good.

The big question? How many hours are you willing to put into work? My experience is it takes alot of sacrifice.

I'll give you a bit of in-sight for home business in your area. Seriously, don't laugh! In your area, it is cosmetics. Specifically AVON, Jafra, Mary Kay, etc. When I was working in the industry. AVON has a male agent in Miami that was selling an average of $4MM/yr for the past 8-yrs. It was estimated he was pocketing $1-$1.5MM/yr! The reason. He is the only male, he speaks fluent spanish, servicing all of southern FL, PR, Cuba, Equador, etc.

Presently, outside of my "real-world" responsibilities for the company I work. My company (personal incorporated in DL), is exceeding expectaions. Trading is good! It just keeps me up all hours of the day. The morning is reserved for European business. Then my day job for the man. And, my night job is China.

Now I need to finish this shiet, so I can ride a bit today. Grab me off-line, if you'd like.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,705 Posts
I picked up a pc and some software.
Then I picked up a bunch of electronic fab tools and supplies.
I do circuit card layout in the house, and I do micro assembly work out in the garage. I get 38 bucks an hour. I'd like to get 40 to 50 for the design work, but the customer base is limited right now. I wrote off plenty in the last three years, and I've got a mess of tools and software goodies from it. No matter what tools they are, more makes me happy. I do the shiit the big houses do, and at the end of the week, their only responsibility is laying the green in my palm.

Did I mention the write offs?

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, the Home biz is more for the wifey than anything else... although, I have had this idea of helping people with PC problems around the neighborhood... you'll be surprised how many people don't even know where the start button is :D

Now, I am no PC guru but I know my way around them... had built a few on my own and I do my own hardware and software installation with some side effects from time to time :whistling: :oops:

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
just prepare to stay very sore.

RC90... CBRxx is right... prepare to work a lot of hours. I am nowhere where I want to be, and I already work 6 days a week, no exageration 13-17 hours/day. No lie. My next step is hiring guys, opening a store, and it scares me to death. Something I'm going to have to do down the road though becasue I can't keep this pace for years to come. Already been working these hours for 6+ years... I never have time to do anything. But, I have to do what I have to to build the business where I want it to be.

Prepare to sacrifice a lot.

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
Just get a 9-5 that pays $100k+ and live the good life man!

OH and a rich wife won't hurt either!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts