Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
that video is something.

I know you guys are limited over there, but damn that looks like a dangerous track. especially after you go around that long fast left, run wide there you're screwed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
What was the deal with all those pylons laying in the middle of the track? That sucks!:(

·
C'est la vie
1,513 Posts
Wow, so that's what wobble looks like. Seeing your movements right before leaving the track I can just about feel the panic. Glad you're around to post about it.

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
looked like a tank slapper but you pulled away from the cameraman enough that it's tough to tell from the video. all I can see is a puff of smoke then you're offroading it. hope you've healed up well.

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
I have video (from a central vantage-point) of a buddy at that same track. That alone gave me the heebie-geebies. The on-board gives it a whole new level of pucker.

Glad you're OK dude.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I broke some bones in my ankle and had surgery in November to take some bone fragments out of my ankle. I did walk away though. We have a bigger video of it and we figured out that the rear tire blew for some reason. The pylons in the middle of the track create the chicane which we put in there for long course (still only 1.3 miles) We do run a fast course configuration with out the chicane but when the track is so short you need something to make it more fun. I just recently got the bike put back togeather but now it has a 05 front end and 05 rear end. Oh and yes I did have a scotts dampner on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GDJAM said:
Well, we have that in common:eek:

Which bones? Still hurt?

God knows mine does.....every frikken day.
I broke off some pices of my subtalar joint. I am in physical therepy right now and it has helped strengthen it but there is still a lot of pain in the joint area. The orthopedic surgen said that they will probably have to go in arthroscopicly and take out some scar tissue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts