Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got one thrown in with the RC51 forks i bought for my 2002 919. It looks like the suspension fluid canister is attached to the shock (vs the stock one where it's detached, connected by a hose).

If i remove the rear hugger will there be clearance for the new shock?

thanks!!
Chris

·
Le So Cal Troll
5,766 Posts
id worry more about the length of the shock and spring rate... take the old one out and see how they compare.

·
Super Moderator
4,529 Posts
If you are referring to an RC51 shock on a 919, not a chance...

43mm of difference in length and about half of the required spring rate

·
Super Moderator
4,529 Posts
Aside from the multitude of threads on this site (& others) explaining in detail why stock suspension parts on sportbikes are absolute shit I am trying to think of another way of conveying this FACTUAL thought process that seems to elude so many. Ya see I am a test rider that just happens to have owned a 919 and started the 919.org website (among others) and I liked the Ohlins products so well that I turned myself into a salesman & technician for the Worlds Largest Ohlins Dealer so now everytime I speak it is automatically discounted as a sales pitch so let me try to put this idea of a different "OEM" shock to replace an OEM shock into perspective and I will leave out the obvious problems with spring rates and valving.

Let's see if this works...

You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement!

Anyone get that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts