Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
T Smith
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am currently looking in to Luggage that will fit my 2007 Aprilia Tuono,
The luggage will be multi use, commuting to and from work about 60 miles each way, Then for weekend and week long trips. One of the bags i was looking at was the SW-Motec cargo tail bag, along with several saddle bag and tail bag combos.

Trying to decide between a large tail bags about 35 to 50 L, or saddle bags and a tail bag combo.
Any and all ideas, thoughts, things to consider, suggestions please!
I am worried about the bags resting on the exhaust cans.

P.S ( (if it fits my 2006 919 that is a bonus already have heavy duty touring bags for 919).

·
I'm THAT Guy
52 Posts
I have the Oxford Aqua T30 roll-top duffel bag I stick on my 919's luggage rack and recently got some Givi EA100B Easy-T 40L saddle bags I plan to use for any upcoming trips.

If you have high-swept exhausts, you could probably get away with using the Giant Loop Hot Springs exhaust stand-off. That or custom-make a standoff which would work. Alternately, if you want to drop some major cash and get a set of luggage carriers, you could do that.

·
T Smith
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SPDSKTR I do have the up swept exhaust and that has been the main challenge. The Giant loop standoff looks like a legit idea that would allow me a few options other than a rack system.
Do you or does any one have any experience wit the stand off and how well it works or what else I might need to know?

Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts