Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new and just want to say wow what an amazing site. I'm from ohio not sure if they're any others here.. I'm looking to buy a ecu for my 02 cb900f. It's a non hiss version. It's got some issues unfortunately. It's a keihin 38770-mcz-671 9688-101296. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Are you sure it's not TPS, or some other issue? What lead you to believe its the ECU?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure it's not TPS, or some other issue? What lead you to believe its the ECU? The ecu is not activating ground to fuel pump relay. I assumed since everything on bike is working properly and tested ok that's what it was.
the ecu is not sending ground to fuel relay. Everything else works on bike and has tested ok. So I assumed that's what it is. If I ground the plug where ground is suppose to come from ecu the fuel pump works perfectly

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
have you confirmed the switchblock is behaving properly? those are known to get dirty and fail

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you so much for all the help. Such an amazing group here. I started through the right up that you sent and only 9.8 volts at the pink wire at the number 22 pin on ecu. As I'm reading the right up it states 11.5 volts or better. So I'm assuming the 9.8 volts at pink wire is a good place to start.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Ok guys here's an update, maybe you can help? New diode solder in. Same one that was in the factory ignition and now 10 volts at pink wire. I did recheck every sensor and everything checks out ok. So if I ground the brown and black wire at fuel pump relay, relay clicks and pump kicks on and bike runs great. No stored blinks either when I jump the spot to check them. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts