Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I finally decided that after this long lockdown here in Ireland, in August I will be doing a country road trip with my partner on my Honda Hornet 900 (or CB 919) 2005.

However I'm planning some adv-touring modifications. One I'm struggling to plan is the front fork swap:
I always liked the golden Olhin upside-down look and I noticed Honda have done something similar in the new Honda CB650R. Also my front fork is chronically leaking oil, no matter how many times I try to fix it or bring it to a professional mechanic.

Finally, I've read of some front swap with sports bikes such as the F4i and RC51 so I know is possible.

Do you know where I can find more information regarding the parts required, how to check if a fork is compatible with my bike and if there is any detailed instruction somewhere of someone that has done it before and shared his/her experience?

Thank you.

·
Wanna free cat?
700 Posts
Howdy, fabiom91. You're in the right place for any questions on the Hornet/919

Reactions: fabiom91

·
Wanna free cat?
700 Posts
If your fork seals are, "chronically" leaking... Is there pitting on the tubes? Are the tubes straight? Overfilling of the forks? This should be an easy issue to diagnose.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If your fork seals are, "chronically" leaking... Is there pitting on the tubes? Are the tubes straight? Overfilling of the forks? This should be an easy issue to diagnose.
Yes, all seems fine, and I brought my bike to the mechanic a couple of times already, changed the seals, checked everything. Btw, I really want to change it anyway for the aesthetics

·
Wanna free cat?
700 Posts
There's a wealth of info here regarding fork swaps...happy hunting

Reactions: fabiom91

·
Wrenchin
37 Posts
Glad to see you made it over here. In the Naked bike section there is a lot of information to be had. Read it all then search any questions you have. If you can't find an answer, just ask. Someone will give you an answer, or let you know where to find it..

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,618 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Wanna free cat?
700 Posts
Don't forget to sign up for your free cat!

Attachments

·
Wanna free cat?
700 Posts
Several models to choose from...

Attachments

Reactions: ahung12
1 - 14 of 14 Posts