Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. I brought my '06 919 home from the dealer on Saturday afternoon. I have put about 160 miles on it so far, and I love it!!!

Been riding bikes with my Dad since I was a kid, but it has been about 12 years since I have owned a streetbike. I have been playing in the dirt for awhile, but I am glad to be back on solid asphalt. Any riders in the Raleigh, NC area?

No mods yet. I am broke right now!!!

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New Bike Picture

Not the best picture, but it is the only one I have taken so far. Wanted to show off my new wheels!!

:thumbup1:

Attachments

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,796 Posts
Nice color. Take your time and like Mike said, get the gear. Remember..........
though they don't know it, everyone out there besides yourself are trying to kill you. Your job is to learn all the little tell tale signs that say "Here I am. I'm ready to run you over, run into you, back into you, swerve into you, cut you off and wear you like a hood ornament, turn around and slap my kid while impressing 6000 lbs or suv into your spine, take my most important cell phone call from my doctor to see if I am pregnant, rather than see you stopped at the light ahead of me. Now, after 12 years of not owning a streetbike, you know what I'm getting at. Having fun right now is secondary to developing your survival senses.
Did I say nice color yet?

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks

Bigdaa said:
Nice color. Take your time and like Mike said, get the gear. Remember..........
though they don't know it, everyone out there besides yourself are trying to kill you. Your job is to learn all the little tell tale signs that say "Here I am. I'm ready to run you over, run into you, back into you, swerve into you, cut you off and wear you like a hood ornament, turn around and slap my kid while impressing 6000 lbs or suv into your spine, take my most important cell phone call from my doctor to see if I am pregnant, rather than see you stopped at the light ahead of me. Now, after 12 years of not owning a streetbike, you know what I'm getting at. Having fun right now is secondary to developing your survival senses.
Did I say nice color yet?
Thanks for the good advice Bigdaa. I certainly realize there are a lot of idiots on the road, and will take the time to RE-develop good riding habits. I also appreciate everyone's compliments on the bike. I thought I might get some jabs for not going with the "blacked out" look, but I just couldn't resist the candy apple!!!

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,796 Posts
You know 919rev, you said, and I quote:

"Hello Everybody!!"

I swear that sounded just like Dr. Nick Riviera on the Simpsons.
You see, I here the written word........kinda creapy, heh?

Ride like a wizard, bro.

·
Power 2 the pedal
10,093 Posts
919Rev said:
I am new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. I brought my '06 919 home from the dealer on Saturday afternoon. I have put about 160 miles on it so far, and I love it!!!

Been riding bikes with my Dad since I was a kid, but it has been about 12 years since I have owned a streetbike. I have been playing in the dirt for awhile, but I am glad to be back on solid asphalt. Any riders in the Raleigh, NC area?

No mods yet. I am broke right now!!!
Welcome to the madness. Metallic Carrot is in Raleigh, and I am in Burlington(about an hour west). We will organize a NC riders BBQ or something. Do you ever make it to Michael's in Chapel Hill on Sundays?

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Michael's

600RidgeRunner said:
Welcome to the madness. Metallic Carrot is in Raleigh, and I am in Burlington(about an hour west). We will organize a NC riders BBQ or something. Do you ever make it to Michael's in Chapel Hill on Sundays?

Never heard of Michael's, but I have been out of the streetbike scene for quite awhile. Fill me in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.