Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
They are excellent in quality and workmanship. They also come in a lot more sizes besides S,M,Lg, XLg for that custom fit.
Which model do you have in mind?
I have a pair of the sport touring golves.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I'm not sure yet...my speedmasters havent failed me yet but they are aging and will likely need replaced either this season or next.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Growing up(I'm still doing that) I thought that protection meant you had hard carbon fiber all over the place. But not so true, as proven with a lot of the Held line. They go for solid leather/kangaroo and lotsa padding where needed. I never knew comfort until I tried on a pair of Held gloves. No way I'm paying that much though. ;)

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
my Held Ninjas were waiting for me when I got home. The construction is spectacular and the padded protection runs the length of the finger on the top). The stitching is doubled on almost all the seams and the gloves fit, well, like a glove. :)

They have a Schoeller tag on the inside which surprised me, didn't know they were associated. For Christmas I got a pair of Schoeller winter gloves from my lovely wife and stepson.

They're great gloves and I can only imagine how much better they'll be once broken in. Not cheap but really good stuff usually isn't.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Already left my comment, but. I only wore HELD gloves once and they were COMFEEE.

·
Community Admin
4,396 Posts
+1 on the Held quality. I have a pair of Held Steves with well over 10K on them and they are as solid and comfy as they were the day I bought them.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I bought Helds (the most expensive race model they had) from newenough.com for half the best price I found elsewhere. Great gloves in terms of fit and finish. The gaunlet part is really stiff, feels like solid carbon.

I don't agree with the metal studs in the palms, but whatever. They seem like they would survive WWIII.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
I always thought the metal tabs on the palm was a very bad/dumb idea. But I'm sure they know what they are doing. You have some great gloves. Newenough.com has amazing deals sometimes.

I ordered some gloves a few months ago but I don't think I'm ever going to see them. :laugh:

RC51_CBRXX! Look! Visor Wiper!

From another thread
WIM, can you make the logo functional? Just a thought, but can the logo also act as a shield wiper (squeege), or a booger catcher, etc.

I have these great snowboarding gloves that have a small snot catcher/wipe patch. Why not try to make the logo pretty and functional?

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
+1 on the Held quality. I have a pair of Held Steves with well over 10K on them and they are as solid and comfy as they were the day I bought them.
That little squeegee on the left forefinger comes in handy.

·
Community Admin
4,396 Posts
Treat yourself to a pair of Held Steves for the street.:thumbup:
+1 on that! I have a pair of Steves with about 10,000 miles on them. The tan underside leather is black as night now, but they are still very comfortable. The stitching looks good and I'd bet they have another couple seasons left in them. Great gloves.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Ah ha! Now will all admit I'm not a total moron? Sometimes, my visioning surpasses my expectations.

Now at a snot wipe patch with the wiper idea and you have a hit.

I'm actually going to do a patent infringement challenge against Trogan. They have marketed a vibrating condom. A different design than the one I have patented, but similar concept. Looking at royalty potential. A bit of a long short.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts