Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having mixed emotions about sharing my medical history on a motorcycle forum. Since we a close group here and I'm feeing really good about myself today here goes.

Rewind 10 years to the day, I'm laid out in the OR with all sorts of tubes sticking out, the chest is cracked open, and the heart/lung bypass machine is working overtime. At this point I'm technically history. The operation goes smoothly, I end up with a quadruple bypass, the heart is hit with the shock paddles, and with a little luck it starts beating again.

Recovery goes smoothly and within 8 weeks I'm back on 2 wheels. At that time I was riding a 1990 Honda 650-GT.

For me it has been a new lease on life to be enjoyed each and every day. You never know what the future has in store.

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jetblast10 said:
Happy 10 year anniversary.
Thankfully you'll enjoy this day a whole lot more than 10 years ago!
Thanks Kevin... The 919 is fueled up, the sun is out, and I'm going for a nice long ride.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
To Mike's continued health!

It's good to have you with us, man!

·
Power 2 the pedal
10,093 Posts
A smiley explosion just for you. Congrats on the 10 years:

:rockon: :punk: :scooter: :clover: :tongue_smilie: :clap: :thumbup1: :thumbup: :flowers: :001_tt2: :taz: :cool:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Mike, that is great news. Today looks great. Get out and ride. I'm trying to find an hour for it today.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

See Mike, there is a reason you're here! It's to give great and extremely informative information, ride your ass off, play bad golf, and throw BBQ's after Marcus Dairy runs HA!

In all seriousness, glad you're around and I'm proud to call you "friend".

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,707 Posts
Excellent, Mike!

My Dad had the tube thingy, with the lights and the people in the masks and the chest spreader and all that nightmare stuff, too! He was 55, the year was 1983. A very very hard time for all of us. He turned 77 in December, amigo. He sees me ride up on my bike and I can see the nostalgia in his eyes(except when I ride up on my ZX10R. Then it's a look of concern)

10 Years is only the beginning. You know that riding is the modern day Fountain of Youth. Keep sipping the the cool clear.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
So happy you're still with us today Mike!
And it's still good to hear that after 10 years, you're still holding everything in perspective to what you went through 10 years ago. Some people tend to forget and lapse back into their bad habits but you're still enjoying life to its fullest!

·
919 City Pilot
1,043 Posts
Good deal.....
In 1991 the docs said I had lung cancer, At 25 I was pretty bummed and the best they could guess was that I had maybe 6 months to a year.
So thorasic surgery and minus 1/2 a lung later they kick me loose. No chemo or nothing and they say They got it all......What a mind screw job.
I get yearly check ups and so far so good......

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,707 Posts
Excellent for the both of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Say a prayer for my bud going in today for an MRI on his head and neck. The Doc already expects this lump on his neck to be the big C. His name is Chuck.

Maybe you bad boy survivors can get a bit of Mojo out to the West Coast here.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Bigdaa said:
Excellent for the both of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Say a prayer for my bud going in today for an MRI on his head and neck. The Doc already expects this lump on his neck to be the big C. His name is Chuck.

Maybe you bad boy survivors can get a bit of Mojo out to the West Coast here.

Sending my prayers out that way BigDaa!

And Peg, Damn that would be scary!!!! Glad you're still around to harrass :thumbup1:

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
Big ups to all you survivors.

And now a shout out to the Big Man Upstairs for my buddy Sam, who had an exploratory procedure done today on his bladder. Sam has level 5 Prostate Cancer, and is about to start fighting the good fight.

This guy is one of the good ones..........

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
You had me scared there for a while because I miss read something But I am really glad that pulled through Mike :innocent: :wheelchair: ... ditto for your buddy GDJAM

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ten Years After

Ten Years After... Life is Good!:scooter:
Thanks to all for the warm wishes.

Bigdaa & GDJAM... Mojo sent; along with my prayers.

04-11-2006

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
Mike and others... great stories for sure. Too many things out there you can die from these days it seems.

Mike, no need to post pictures of some ugly guy though, that 650 Honda GT is what I wanted to see! Maybe I should start looking for one of those agian!

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
midwest said:
Mike and others... great stories for sure. Too many things out there you can die from these days it seems.

Mike, no need to post pictures of some ugly guy though, that 650 Honda GT is what I wanted to see! Maybe I should start looking for one of those agian!
Your right... Sorry about that!
I hope this one will be more to your taste.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
m51142 said:
Ten Years After... Life is Good!:scooter:
Thanks to all for the warm wishes.

Bigdaa & GDJAM... Mojo sent; along with my prayers.

04-11-2006

Hahahahaha....old man (that could kick my ass on the curvy's any day of the week):thumbup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts