Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Greg
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 CB919 with 32k miles here. Bike shifts smooth as butter in the beginning of a ride. As I ride longer, shifting gets rougher, especially 1st to 2nd. Miss shifts 1st to 2nd become very frequent with longer rides and I really have to push the lever up to second. Clutch cable is about 10k miles old and within speck with play. I’m thinking time for new clutch plates?

·
Wanna free cat?
1,020 Posts
Perhaps try a different engine oil to what’s in the bike now.
I know mine feels a lot diff after an oil change... But which oil is the best for smooth shifts? 👹

·
Wanna free cat?
1,020 Posts
Rotella, fella.

·
Registered
2006 Hornet 900
20 Posts
Do you have any clutch creep when the bike is hot?

Get it up to temp, put it in first, turn off the bike and try to push it along a flat surface.
Now do the same but with the bike running in 1st gear. Is it any easier?
Try giving the bike a good rev. Does it move forward at all?

·
McTavish
6,416 Posts
Perhaps try a different engine oil to what’s in the bike now.
Islandboy, maybe the shift linkage is also involved, you know what I mean re proper arm alignments respectively. I'm messed up so have little energy - must select what to put time into. Busted my hip on 21st and needed emergency heli air lift out of mountainous forest. Got hope Sat. Got a total hip replacement. Bye for now.

·
McTavish
6,416 Posts
Busted my hip on 21st and needed emergency heli air lift out of mountainous forest. Got hope Sat. Got a total hip replacement. Bye for now.

·
Wanna free cat?
1,020 Posts
Busted my hip on 21st and needed emergency heli air lift out of mountainous forest. Got hope Sat. Got a total hip replacement. Bye for now.
When you ain't a spring chicken, ya gotta stop acting like one....🐓

·
919 Rider
2,849 Posts
mcromo44, I was wondering why you’ve been so quiet. Guess you’ve got a good excuse. My first thought on reading your post was “WTF!”.
I’m hoping your not in too much pain and have a speedy recovery.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts