Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've searched the forums and can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for.
Planning on upgrading my handlebars to the Renthal Road Medium bars.
I've got a very broad chest and want the 28 inch width.
Is there enough clutch and throttle cable slack to accommodate these bars or do you think I will have to order longer cables?
If so, any recommendations on where to order longer cables.

Thanks for all the help

·
McTavish
6,443 Posts
I suggest you contact Bryce919er and ask him.
He had those very bars on his bike at some stage.

I also seem to remember that Mediums were OK with stock cabling, but Highs weren't.

It's been a while since handlebar issues have been posted.

There's others using Mediums, and you can find them by doing a search for Renthal Road Medium.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I guess I am the only one who has renthal road high bars. No mods required. A little bit of fitment of the brake master. Yes they are a little wider which is more comfortable. Some drilling.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put Renthal FatBars on mine with Rox Risers. I love the position but I have throttle cable issues. I guess I will have to pay up to have the cables installed. My Honda dealer says it is a 2 1/2 hour job! I don't think I could do it myself. I did reroute the cables to where they come behind the forks but when I turn full lock to the right it binds and will not snap back. Where is the best place to find extended throttle cables? Motion Pro?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
First off, you need to put up more pics of that green bike! plz
You can do those throttle cables! It's really easy...

Thanks for the write up, I'll study it but I don't know. I am out of town and away from my bike but I plan to do a introduction when I get home with pics. Just got the Hornet, I'm sure I will have many questions.

Glenn

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got them installed. No problems with cables or brake lines. Way more comfortable and way less vibration. Thanks for the advise.
Awesome. I want to do the same (standard handlebars are nice, but too narrow). Did you install the Renthal High or Medium?

Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am in the process of refining my CBR-929RR to a gentleman's mount rather than the crotch rocket it was designed to be. It's a great bike and is light enough that I can easily ride and move the bike as needed, my previous bike (95'CB-1000) was wonderful but carried too much weight up high and this made it difficult for me to handle easily. Still working with minor adjustments but almost there.
Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

·
McTavish
6,443 Posts
I am in the process of refining my CBR-929RR to a gentleman's mount rather than the crotch rocket it was designed to be. It's a great bike and is light enough that I can easily ride and move the bike as needed, my previous bike (95'CB-1000) was wonderful but carried too much weight up high and this made it difficult for me to handle easily. Still working with minor adjustments but almost there.
View attachment 158687
What did you use for mounting the bars to the top triple?
It looks like a purpose top triple, i.e. for handlebar mounting, and not an adaptation.
I don't know anything detail wise about 929s, but assumed they came with clip-ons.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What did you use for mounting the bars to the top triple?
It looks like a purpose top triple, i.e. for handlebar mounting, and not an adaptation.
I don't know anything detail wise about 929s, but assumed they came with clip-ons.
I had to replace the triple clamp with one designed to accept handlebars. I bought mine on eBay and they are made by a company called GIMBEL. They are in Germany I think.
They have kits and all sorts of cool parts, but they are very proud of their products, so I shopped at their eBay store.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts