Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda 919
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! I am so very excited to be reunited with my beloved 2007 919! I bought her (the first time) in 2009 and in the few years we were together we did a few trips up and down "The Dragon", the Cherohala Skyway, all the North Georgia notables, and a week-long trip on the Blue Ridge Pkwy that took us up into VA. I ended up selling her to a good friend of mine partially/selfishly in an attempt to try and get him out riding with me on my newly acquired 2012 Ducati Monster 1100EVO. Long story short... in the 9yrs he owned her, he barely rode her (put less than 2.5k on her) and she just sat in his garage. Welp... I reckon I owe him a thank you for storing her cause I just bought her back from him, and I couldn't be happier about it!

This time around I'll be looking to put her to regular use. Planning on doing a decent amount of commuting with her (making Atlanta traffic as fun as possible) which means I need to be able to carry things. First "to do" was to outfit her with a top case and wind screen. Up next will be side bags but due to the current state of things it seems side bag mounts are easier said than found/sourced. Oh well.. it may take a bit to conjure up the proper hardware to get it done the way I'm envisioning, but either way I'm stoked to once again call her mine. After a few short rides on her this past week I remember what an amazing bike she really is. So.. in my search for side bags I came across this site/group, so I just wanted to introduce myself and say "Hi" to all the fellow 919'rs out there! Below is a pic of her since the re-introduction.. ignore the cut grips as they'll be replaced soon (new grips on the way) and I'd add that my friend is the one that put the absurdly large HONDA decal on the swing arm and he's begged me not to take it off but I'm still undecided on that. Of course feedback is welcome!

Here's to keeping the rubber side down! Looking forward to connecting and sharing stories/advice/adventures!

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
2007 Honda 919
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome. Very clean '07 and wow, that HONDA decal is HUUUUUGE. Twas the first thing my eyes locked onto.
It's a good idea to relocate those engine mounted sliders to the frame using a threaded rod (e.g. T-Rex Racing 2002 - 2007 Honda CB900F / CB 919 No Cut Frame Sliders). As it sits, a minor tip over could snap an engine mount and total the bike.
Thanks dial- Yep, had already eyeballed that issue/concern and will be relocating those sliders PRONTO!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts