Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
761 - 780 of 784 Posts

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,672 Posts
I loaded them primarily for my Ruger GP100 in .44 Special though I'll use it in my Ruger Redhawk Magnum and my Brass Henry Big Boy .44Mag Lever action.
They are nice and gentle target loads, clean and accurate. The whole family loves to shoot them.

Now I am off to load some 200gr Nosler Hollow Point 10MM rounds. After that some .40 S&W Hornady 180gr XTP's OR .357 SIG 125gr Speer Gold Dot Hollow Points.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Bigdaa
Sometimes when the BP is right, hands ain't shaking eyeballs are focusing and it all comes together. S&W 41mag 8 3/8's barrel 6 rounds @ 10 yards......first time ever shooting a 41.

Rich

Attachments

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,672 Posts
Oh hell yes Rich! That will keep those cards face down on the ground.
Is the .41 yours now?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Nope, future SIL. I do still have my model 29 with the 8 3/8's barrel, think I acquired it in 74.
Hope all is well with you and yours.

Rich

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,672 Posts
Doing good. Boys and wife doing fine.
Just picked up an SP101 Ruger snubby .357 Mag.
Going to be pounding out some ammo for it before the week is up.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,672 Posts
New Snubby

Ruger SP101 in .357 Mag. side by side with the 460 S&W.
Call me old fashioned but I'll take the snubster for my walk a long.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
I've shot one of those SP101s with boar hunting loads and its a beast, wouldn't hesitate to carry one for personal protection

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,672 Posts
Looks like a good addition to my fledgling back up collection.

·
McTavish
6,375 Posts
Ahhhhhh laddy. I'll have a wee dram of backup to go with me main gunna!
Suggest you include a British Land Pattern Musket (a.k.a. Brown Bess).
And a Tower Model 1760 Flintlock Pistol.
Just to make sure you have all your bases covered.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,672 Posts
Suggest you include a British Land Pattern Musket (a.k.a. Brown Bess).
And a Tower Model 1760 Flintlock Pistol.
Just to make sure you have all your bases covered.
My great Grandfather was a rifle maker and a gunsmith plying his trade up and down the Mississippi River in the 1870's.

·
McTavish
6,375 Posts
My great Grandfather was a rifle maker and a gunsmith plying his trade up and down the Mississippi River in the 1870's.
Just imagine the tools of the trade at that time!
My guess is some blacksmithing included.
It'd also be interesting to know if his craft was something akin to pre Civil War era, and how much he was able to access and adopt from the Civil War's weapons manufacturing technology as it evolved to by war's end.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,672 Posts
Just imagine the tools of the trade at that time!
My guess is some blacksmithing included.
It'd also be interesting to know if his craft was something akin to pre Civil War era, and how much he was able to access and adopt from the Civil War's weapons manufacturing technology as it evolved to by war's end.
He made beautiful cap and ball rifles. My Father was able to procure one of his rifles back in the 70's when he was back east with my Mother.
It was a wonderfully crafted live firing example that had excellent inlay, wood and metal work. He also bought a hand built 3" bore cannon.
On June 27th, 1990, a fire broke out above my folks home in Santa Barbara California. It was of such intense fury that it took no time at all to travel a couple of miles to engulfed my parents home and everything in it. I managed to get my mother, her make-up kit and her two dogs out and that was it. Everything else was lost including the glass sign for my Great Grandfather's gunsmithing business. We lost all of the family photographs, home moves, articles, memorabilia.........everything. The fire would end up taking out about 520 homes, apartments and businesses.
No need to offer any condolences....it was 30 years ago. I think of the rifle often as it was a tangible piece of my family's history on Dad's side.
Yeah, I have that same gunsmithing blood flowing through me, more so than my two brothers where firearms are concerned, though my older brother is a true outdoorsman and my younger brother is the family historian.

·
McTavish
6,375 Posts
He made beautiful cap and ball rifles. My Father was able to procure one of his rifles back in the 70's when he was back east with my Mother.
It was a wonderfully crafted live firing example that had excellent inlay, wood and metal work. He also bought a hand built 3" bore cannon.
On June 27th, 1990, a fire broke out above my folks home in Santa Barbara California. It was of such intense fury that it took no time at all to travel a couple of miles to engulfed my parents home and everything in it. I managed to get my mother, her make-up kit and her two dogs out and that was it. Everything else was lost including the glass sign for my Great Grandfather's gunsmithing business. We lost all of the family photographs, home moves, articles, memorabilia.........everything. The fire would end up taking out about 520 homes, apartments and businesses.
No need to offer any condolences....it was 30 years ago. I think of the rifle often as it was a tangible piece of my family's history on Dad's side.
Yeah, I have that same gunsmithing blood flowing through me, more so than my two brothers where firearms are concerned, though my older brother is a true outdoorsman and my younger brother is the family historian.
Well, it's still sad reading!
But perhaps as the years click by, another such rifle might resurface and find a new and familial home.
As for the 3 inch cannon, I don't know what to say!

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,672 Posts
Forgot to mention that the cannon was made by my great grandfather and his brother as well.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I upgraded the scope on one of my 10/22s. It's a 2X7 Leupold Rimfire. The turret caps are somewhat "tactical", as are the turrets themselves. That's a small, but much appreciated change. The reticle has elevation hash marks; another nice upgrade.

It was quick and easy to zero. The first 5 shot group went .425" @ 50 yards, dead on, using CCI TAC ammo.

Attachments

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,672 Posts
500 S&W Test Loads

275gr Solid Copper Hollow Points
42gr H110 Powder
10 w/Winchester Large Rifle Magnum Primers
10 w/Federal Large Rifle Magnum Primers

Attachments

·
McTavish
6,375 Posts
275gr Solid Copper Hollow Points
42gr H110 Powder
10 w/Winchester Large Rifle Magnum Primers
10 w/Federal Large Rifle Magnum Primers
I know next to nothing about such stuff, but it sounds like a solid shot high velocity artillery round shrunk down for hand held firing.

761 - 780 of 784 Posts