Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
41 - 60 of 784 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I was interested in looking at the 1100 as well... but everyone is telling me to get a pump as it's more fun.
Mine is older than I am and I have yet to have an issue with it. And it definitely has less of a kick than the 870's do. It all comes down to personal preference... they're both great guns... I'm a fan of semi-auto though... If you're just getting it as a trap gun it doesn't make that big of a difference other than the reduced kick, but it's nice hunting to not have to pump for every shot.
Edit: Just found this... that's pretty cool. "The Model 1100 holds the record for the most shells fired out of an autoloading shotgun without malfunction, cleaning or parts breakage with a record of over 24,000 rounds. The record was set in 1978 with a Remington model 1100 LT-20. Breaking this record has been attempted with several other models of semi-auto shotguns but has yet to be broken."

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
So speaking of trap/skeet/etc shooting... Do any of you guys load your own shells for shooting like that? I'm just getting back into shooting after a few years off and I have a bunch of guys at work that shoot a lot that I'll be joining... I realize I'm not gonna save a whole bunch of money over just buying cheap trap loads, but is the better quality (hopefully) and ability to tailer the load to your preferences worth the time and money stuck into it?

·
Why not?
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Thanks LDH, the 1006 is also one i was considering... I do wish S&W would make a 10mm M&P but i dont see that happening. As for the ammunition i have been visiting several shops in the area to check availability surprisingly they have it in stock however i plan on working up my own loads.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I dont feel like starting a new thread for this something that can be answered here. So my trigger finger has been itching to shoot something new and the finger decided that only a 10mm can take care of the itch. I have been looking at the Glock 20 but am not entirely sold yet. 1. How many of you have a 10mm? 2. What make and model? 3. What has been your experience with the gun? Thanks in advance.
I know you're looking at a 10mm, but...

I have a Glock 23 Gen 4. It's a great .40, but the really nice thing is, I have a 9mm barrel, and a couple mags, and in a matter of seconds can convert and shoot both calibers. The mags are cheap, and the flexibility lets me take advantage of what's available in ammo (I don't load my own like you said you might). Just a thought! Good luck, and post pics when you make the purchase!!

·
`
3,862 Posts
I was interested in looking at the 1100 as well... but everyone is telling me to get a pump as it's more fun.
1100 is a good choice.
If you do more trap/skeet, O/U is the way to go. 28" CZ Redhead deluxe is awesome, without breaking the bank.

[youtube]q2qNDfCBG4U[/youtube]

·
Registered
242 Posts
Looked at a Stoeger Condor Supreme O/U. Anyone have any experience? It seems to have good reviews but hoping for someone who has owned one on here.

Thanks!
I have one and its been ok. Not great, but not horrible. Occasionally it will not fire a shell. The pin will put a small dent in the primer, but not enough to fire. I am not sure if this is due to cheap ammo, though. I use it to trap shoot for fun at a local club and it happens maybe once in 3 to 4 hundred rounds. I also wish it opened a little smoother. I usually have to give the grip on the barrel a decent tug when releasing to get it to open and eject all the way. In the end though, for the price, it has been worth it to me.

·
Premium Member
11,622 Posts
have you considered GSG one before you got the sig(same exact model minus word "sig")? Could've saved $100
Man, I had no idea, gonna have to do some research. Thanks!

Research done. g00g got scr00wed!!!

·
`
3,862 Posts
Man, I had no idea, gonna have to do some research. Thanks!

Research done. g00g got scr00wed!!!
hahaha, are you being sarcastic? :lol: I'm a big sig fan myself, wish though sig would actually make those 1911-22 but it's still is good looking gun.

·
Premium Member
11,622 Posts
Serious, I didn't know about it :/. I actually just saw it in the local Cal-Ranch and had to have it :yes:.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Nice, but what about ammo?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojj456uK74w&feature=youtu.be"]22 Ammo[/ame]

41 - 60 of 784 Posts