Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
non fluted cylinder is available on a few of the Super Blackhawks, this one came with the standard Dragoon grip frame, I did the Bisely grip frame conversion since the Dragoon grip is too small for my hands then sent it to Ajax to have the grip panels fit to the frame, I also did the freespin pawl and oversized cylinder pin while it was apart, after some polishing work I got the trigger to break around 1.5 to 1.75 lbs.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Do you own one?

Everyone I have handled fresh out of the box have had problems that required multiple trips back to the factory or a professional gunsmith to get involved and their compact models are nothing, but problems.
The only one I've had any dealings with belonged to a co-worker and it was one of the sweetest shooting 1911's I've ever handled, it put my Springfield champion to shame in both functioning and accuracy, I know nothing about them other than that one copy, I guess he got a fluke, lucky him

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Really? you really should try it, ups the fun factor in life. On a serious note, how are all you east coasters doing? looked like it was going to be seriously ugly on your side of the country. I have a buddy that moved form here to there and he's really not enjoying himself right now

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Primary Arms has lots of options for optics, a lot of it is third world/ off shore copies but you're not dealing with a ton of recoil with the .22LR (or even the .223 for that matter) so they should hold up pretty good

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Bigdaa's right, build/buy a high quality lower then you have the option of swapping whatever upper you want onto it for whatever situation you find yourself in.
I built a lower for a co worker a few years back and modified a Palmetto State Armory upper for it for him

1 - 20 of 82 Posts