Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 13 of 14 Posts

·
The Cripple
8,772 Posts
if i had a hundred (not saying that) or ( if) I had one in my pocket now, i wouldn't tell it either.. Guess I'm paranoid, a conspiracy theory guy, or what ever. Not trying to spoil anybodys fun or throw water on the thread. just sayin we living in a crazy day in america and keeping some stuff to yourself might be wise (what you got, or what you don't got, i wish all good men had a hundred guns ) please don't take any offence by me.....just sayin :cool: . lew
I actually agree with you Lew. People don't realize the extent of how public this kind of information is. All one really needs is a common IP address and similar usernames compiled for one person to start googling and finding information. Once its on the internet, it's nearly permanent.

It's not conspiracy theory, its reality. Hell, even your current or future employer can google your name to find dirt you likely don't even know.

·
The Cripple
8,772 Posts
I need to man up!
Sorry, couldn't resist the joke since you mentioned it. In all honesty, the best thing you can do is to just relax when you prepare to shoot that mule. The other thing is to correct your stance/hold technique to further compensate. These two are both free, and the most beneficial. Same lessons I had to learn when I switched to the 30-30 and 30-06 at a young age.

You can always try reloads as 3d suggested but that takes time and money if you are not already set up for it.

·
The Cripple
8,772 Posts
Dave, if you have any amount of hearing loss in addition to the tinnitus, you should look into getting some hearing aids. They have amazing technology that will actually produce "white noise" that will help cancel out the tinnitus among a few other things. Even the ITE aids are getting more sophisticated and are starting to become more useful.

Even if you don't want hearing aids, I highly suggest you go to an licensed audiologist (not a hearing aid dispenser) to not only get your hearing checked, but to also discuss various assistive technology options. There are some really neat stuff out there that haven't broken into the mainstream yet. Also, even if you have mild tinnitus, your hearing is worse than you think. It's important to get it checked out.

If nothing else, it'll help you figure out what kind of ear protection you need. Not just db rating, but also frequency which is just as important, if not more important since the majority of the speech sounds are in the higher frequency ranges. This way you can get protection specific to your residual hearing and protect the vulnerable frequencies dependant on where your hearing loss and/or tinnitus presents itself.

·
The Cripple
8,772 Posts
currently if I desire, I can open carry in VA or PA, or if I get a utah permit, I can ccw in both those states. Will I? Maybe.
Do it! Get your Utah permit! Applies to a lot of other states as well so it's extremely useful and worthwhile. Not to mention cheap. It lasts 5 years at a time and renewal fees are cheap.

·
The Cripple
8,772 Posts
These days, I would be hard pressed to sell any firearm for any reason.
Agreed. Sold my xdm because I needed a smaller frame to carry even though I loved it. I've regretted it since. But at the time I didn't have extra funds for 2 guns so my hand was forced. If you can afford to keep your current one and get a new one, do so! They make great collections and hand me downs that are priceless.

1 - 13 of 14 Posts