Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I know if you look up rearsets for the 919 about the only option are the Sato's. Don't get me wrong there beautiful and I would love to have a set but honestly don't have the like $800 to drop on them. So in my search for replacements I seen that that groms have the built in passenger pegs like we do on the 919. What I was wondering since I don't know anyone that has a grom. Is maybe someone here did and could measure the distance between the two main mounting bolts and see if it's the same as the 919. If they are this could open up a bunch of options for rearsets since it's a newer bike and more company's are making them.

·
Super Moderator
4,539 Posts
Okay so I know if you look up rearsets for the 919 about the only option are the Sato's. Don't get me wrong there beautiful and I would love to have a set but honestly don't have the like $800 to drop on them. So in my search for replacements I seen that that groms have the built in passenger pegs like we do on the 919. What I was wondering since I don't know anyone that has a grom. Is maybe someone here did and could measure the distance between the two main mounting bolts and see if it's the same as the 919. If they are this could open up a bunch of options for rearsets since it's a newer bike and more company's are making them.
1. I sell Sato Rear sets for the 919 at less than $500 so I am not sure where you are coming up with $800... the only downside to the Sato's is that they no longer sell the passenger pegs. If you are not carrying a passenger they are probably one of the best mods you can make on a 919 if you are actually riding the bike in the twisties.

2. Grom rear sets use the swingarm pivot bolt as part of the mount and are not even remotely close to fitting up properly to any bike other than a Grom...

·
Registered
99 Posts
1. I sell Sato Rear sets for the 919 at less than $500 so I am not sure where you are coming up with $800... the only downside to the Sato's is that they no longer sell the passenger pegs. If you are not carrying a passenger they are probably one of the best mods you can make on a 919 if you are actually riding the bike in the twisties.

2. Grom rear sets use the swingarm pivot bolt as part of the mount and are not even remotely close to fitting up properly to any bike other than a Grom...
i wouldnt mind more info on the sato rear sets.... where do you sell them from?

·
Super Moderator
4,539 Posts
Right on! I ended up going with a Kitaco kit and clutch case cover which required that we move the Nitrogen Reservoir under the tail section mounted like an old GSXR

What slicks are ya running there?

~Fat man on a little bike~

·
Registered
71 Posts
Right on! I ended up going with a Kitaco kit and clutch case cover which required that we move the Nitrogen Reservoir under the tail section mounted like an old GSXR

What slicks are ya running there?

~Fat man on a little bike~

View attachment 158476 View attachment 158477
You are not fat at all haha!

I'm using PMT super-soft compound. Rear 130/75-12 and front 120/80-12. I had an issue with the front tire, because is an 80, it was rubbing against the front fender, so I had to cut the fender aound 2 inches front tip and 4 inches rear tip. It is the first time I had the chance to try slicks tires, and it is amazing how the grip is. Gave me a lot of confidence, and now I can turn so fast. I usually go to the same track (is not a big track but very technical) and I ride with the intermediate group, usually people riding 600CC or bigger bikes, on the straight line some of them pass me, but when we are on the twist section I will be just behind them, and sometimes I will pass them. My grom is already almost 30.000km (almost 18,642 miles), so I wanted to have a little more power and I installed the 143CC light bore + cam from Takegawa, as well their reinforced chain tensioner and high flow oil pump. I really liked the result, and so far no issues. This year I wanted to have a better geometry, so I replaced the handlebar, I bought the Moriwaki (moriwaki build race groms in Japan) and the rearsets from Tyga. I'm 6 feet, and I feel very comfortable in my bike now, and no more grinding the pegs. Here are some pictures:

Photo by : http://alexandrepoitras.com/blogue

\

Photo by : Alexandre Poitras - Photographe - Photographe Sportif, corporatif, de mariage et de studio

Photo by : Alexandre Poitras - Photographe - Photographe Sportif, corporatif, de mariage et de studio

1 - 11 of 11 Posts