Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
rider
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st off, I've been working away from home for 5 mos. and have lost touch with the group. I was worried when I couldn't get to the old forum. I was very relieved this morning to find we are back in business.

I ride strictly solo and have been looking for some mounting covers for the grab handles. so far no luck. I'm just trying to clean up the look a little. So far I have lsl sport touring bars from spiegler, compwerks fender eliminator with mini signals front and rear. The bars are great by the way, two inches lower and less angle on the pull back.

I'm considering swapping the cans but don't want to get into the pcIII thing. I'm planning to pass the bike along to my son in a couple of years. He can invest the big money. Any suggestions?

Has anyone put a seat cowl on their bike? I have a '05 model and want to get color matched.

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Super Moderator
4,539 Posts
Yea quit being an ignorant cheapass poser goob :D

Get the powercommander even if you keep the stock exhaust as it is the most inportant part for gaining better throttle response & an even more linear power delivery. Everything else you've done is just posendicular crap to look cool once you start down a path to actually enhance the performance of the bike then you'll start to see the light.

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
WHat kind of Father makes his kid spend the money to actually MAKE the bike perform better?

Comon Dad... FOR THE KID!

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Now that you have gotten the official welcome from LDH you can get those grab rail caps from Mike at PJ's parts. He is a authorized dealer for Rizoma.

Check out seat cowls at Wild Hair Accessories. My guess is you will still have to get it painted to match your bike.

·
rider
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the welcome. actually at 54 yrs. old my posing days are long gone. it's just that my old bones don't heal quite a quickly. although i'll admit that i do want my bike to look good sitting still.

after years of riding an old 81 goldwing and then a meanstreak i just had to move to something that could actually provide me with some fun. i grew up on the cb750 and the 919 is return to the world of sport riding. but i do love it. i guess i'm old school because i do like the naked look. now if honda will just strip down the rc51....

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Nix the color and I'm in. Matte black is faster. :)

·
Honda Addict
828 Posts
Why do so many folks want to nix the grab handle?

It's a really handy device for moving the bike around in a garage or other tight space and it isn't that ugly. Kinda flows with the lines of the bike.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Actually, I'm with you on this one. I was thinking about pulling it off when my bro pointed out that it doesn't really detract from the bike's appearance at all, plus it weighs next to nothing.

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
razorbike said:

It's a really handy device for moving the bike around in a garage or other tight space and it isn't that ugly. Kinda flows with the lines of the bike.
That grab handle helps me steady the bike when I use the rear work stand. My old R6 (no grab handle) took a trip to the floor, if it had a grab handle that would not have happened.

·
Super Moderator
4,539 Posts
razorbike said:

Cause it looks ugly as hell...

I had mine powdercoated instead

·
Honda Addict
828 Posts
m51142 said:
That grab handle helps me steady the bike when I use the rear work stand. My old R6 (no grab handle) took a trip to the floor, if it had a grab handle that would not have happened.
Definitely Mike!! it is so easy to raise the rear up on a stand by holding the grab handle with one hand and pushing down on the stand with another. It's saved a couple of trips to the floor for me also.

·
Honda Addict
828 Posts
Lord Duckhunter said:
I had mine powdercoated instead
LDH promoting a poser mod?! :detective:

What's the world coming too?!! :001_rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
4,539 Posts
Hey everybody needs some individuality at least it's not another fender eliminator like everyone else has...

·
Love Machine
366 Posts
I don't mind it, I use it every time I put the bike on the stand and move the bike. Instead of powedercoating, which looks nice, I just stripped mine.

G

·
Im sorry but if you know how to put a bike on a stand you dont need th ugly grab bar .... plus dont the stand originate from racing? do race bikes have grab rails in the back for passengers??? F-passengers I bought MY BIKE I'm going to ride it!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts