Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF is up with this weather anyways? It was 14 degrees F a couple of days ago. I am so fired up about getting back on a bike, and Mother Nature has been a Mother f---er! It ought to be 55-60 degreese where I live. Both bikes have been waiting patiently in the basement for 3 months now.
The 929 has a brand new set of Power Pilots that need a good scuffing. The 919 has a new K+N and a new 15t front sprocket. Did any of you make any changes?

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
I hear ya... Janaury was 30-50 here in Wisconsin... and finally now we are seeing single digit temps...

Not sure if its global warming or just some ocean jet stream thing that swayed the temps for a month...

I have to stop looking at bikes... I will be on a new 1 this spring at this rate!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Greenland is melting - keep the bikes in the garage & ban all fossil fuels - so says a Nasa Scientist and Lou Dobbs on CNN tonight - I tell ya if I hear one more story about broken borders, jobs going to China, Global warming and the end of the freeworld as we know it - well click there I am on another channel - Fox love it !

·
919 City Pilot
1,043 Posts
It's nice here....lows in the high 30's then upper 60's for the high.
Did a nice weekend ride..a little cool but the 20-25 knot wind sucked ass.
Nothing like riding into the wind doing 80....

·
C'est la vie
1,513 Posts
Sniper said:
Did any of you make any changes?
Forged Aluminum Wheels
Dunlop Qualifiers
Galfer Superbike front lines
EBC HH Front Pads
HRC Quick Throttle & Killswitch
Taller Windscreen
Rear seat cowl
Various weight loss operations (from the bike, not myself yet)
Complete removal of all plastic for detailing
Some new safety gear
WristTwisters Stickers :D
Have just order intake funnels to alter
Will be contacting exhaust company either this week or next

So, yeah.... I'm hoping it warms up soon and rains for a week straight to clean the roads.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Gotta get rear tire on the 6, fork seals done on the 929, tires & throttle on the rc... and a good detailing to all. But too damn cold to go out in garage. Hasn't been above 30, but calling for 40's by thurs., and of course teens for the weekend. :mad:

·
Honda Addict
828 Posts
New Racetech 1kg springs in the 919 forks here. It was fairly tolerable here the last few weeks with temps in the 40s then starting last Friday it was in the teens with a dose of snow and ice. C'mon March.

Oh, yeah, the Wrist Twisters stickers added an extra pony or two!

·
Registered
858 Posts
jetblast10 said:
not sure the problem. I rode to work today and everything was fine.

ohhhh I see now...
Same here. I had a nice ride in this morning. Lunch should be even better. :p

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Send some of that weather up here or never speak of it again....:mad:

·
Honda Addict
828 Posts
Fourth that here.

And, yeah Sporty, women can be blown. It's just followed by this weird flapping sound.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts