Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally convinced her to take the course! She's signing up as I type this. She'll be sitting astride either my KZ440 or the old CL175 when she gets her license. I don't feel like I've lost a passenger so much as gained a riding buddy. :thumbup1:
 

·
Quitting is for Quitters!
Joined
·
1,798 Posts
THAT'S AWESOME! CONGRATS TO HER!!! And to you as well for getting a new riding buddy. :clap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
Kudos to her for wanting to learn and double kudos for her taking the MSF course!! That's great you will be a riding couple now.....that's what I miss
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RSixxy said:
Kudos to her for wanting to learn and double kudos for her taking the MSF course!! That's great you will be a riding couple now.....that's what I miss
There's always room for another! We could make it a threesome, RSixxy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
Bock919 said:
There's always room for another! We could make it a threesome, RSixxy
Whoa now..LOL I don't play that type of thing..besides I would just be a 3rd wheel anyhow :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
832 Posts
My wife just took it last fall and I am in the process of finding her a bike for this season. I should be fun.
 

·
Wookie
Joined
·
7,274 Posts
turn_1 said:
My wife just took it last fall and I am in the process of finding her a bike for this season. I should be fun.
When I get married, I should be fun too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SportyChick said:
Remember Bock919, have patience with your wife!
AHEM! Check the title. Girlfriend, not wife. Ah crap, who the hell am I kidding. We've been dating over 2 years, we'll probably be married within the next couple years.

I hope I can be patient. That's never been a strong suit of mine. My biggest worry is her daydreaming. We all know that you have to constantly pay attention to EVERYTHING when you're riding, but this is especially true for beginners. She is notorious for going off into her own little world when driving, I don't want that to carry over to riding. If she ever got hurt...I don't even know
 

·
Quitting is for Quitters!
Joined
·
1,798 Posts
Bock919 said:
AHEM! Check the title. Girlfriend, not wife. Ah crap, who the hell am I kidding. We've been dating over 2 years, we'll probably be married within the next couple years.

I hope I can be patient. That's never been a strong suit of mine. My biggest worry is her daydreaming. We all know that you have to constantly pay attention to EVERYTHING when you're riding, but this is especially true for beginners. She is notorious for going off into her own little world when driving, I don't want that to carry over to riding. If she ever got hurt...I don't even know
I used to tend to daydream every once in a while, once i started riding and I had a real good OH $HIT MOMENT where i almost slammed into the back of someones car i learned to pay attention REAL quick. I think she will be just fine. I know its hard not to worry though.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,498 Posts
RSixxy said:
Whoa now..LOL I don't play that type of thing..besides I would just be a 3rd wheel anyhow :(
RSixxy, with this group. You will never be a 3rd wheel.:001_cool:
 

·
Il bambino e un cani
Joined
·
3,363 Posts
My wife gave up street riding last year. She still has her two race bikes and does that every year but she always seem to have problems maintaining her focus on the street. She's done more miles on the track than the street and just never got the hang of having to worry about cars, shiit in the road etc...instead of just focusing on her braking points and lines. She's been down about three times on the street and it kind of turned her off. Once braking hard over a rock and locked up the front, once on sand and once just over cooking a corner....and very nearly lost her life...sheer luck threaded her between the trees.
JohnnyB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
Bock919 said:
AHEM! Check the title. Girlfriend, not wife. Ah crap, who the hell am I kidding. We've been dating over 2 years, we'll probably be married within the next couple years.
Wife......girlfriend.....old lady.......bitch......all the same thing!
Only different when it's a booty call!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bumping this back up.

Her course starts tonight, classroom portion only. Nap time! I think I've taught her most of what she'll need to know for the classroom portion, but I know there are things I left out.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top