Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, just another guy getting back into riding after a few years absence. Pick up a 2002 919 and am really enjoying the bike, except for the flat black paint that keeps getting dirty, the mushy brakes, the butt-hurt seat, the cheap aftermarket handlebar that must be replaced, and the dance it likes to do with the freeway rain grooves. But hey, it's mine, it's paid for, it's something I get to spend money on, and it is a real hoot to ride.

·
Registered
770 Posts
There's one thing that stands out to me, and that's the front fork. Looks like f4i forks? And is it just me, or does the bike look like the forks sit a solid inch or two lower than the stock forks?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh hey, didn't connect those dots. Probably should have noticed since the front does feel kind-of low and it has rebound adjustments. Or maybe the frick'n gold should have screamed it. I've only had the bike for a few weeks and I believe I'm the third or fourth owner. Definitely has hints that it's been down but she rides straight with no shimmy at any speed and no leaks which I thought was pretty good for a bit over 16,000 miles. But no regrets and I'll still love her.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts