1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Old, Bold rider
2002 Honda 919, 1976 Yamaha XT500 cafe, TC-JAG TZ250
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Accidentally came across this on You Tube:
Cosworth engine.
Essentially a "Pony motor" to develop a pre homologation F1 engine. A single cylinder 300cc engine that revs (well, revved ten years ago) to 20,000 rpm and on an engine dyno produced 90 HP (67.112 KW).
Enjoy!

Rob

Reactions: Islandboy and dial

·
Left of Centre
4,006 Posts
Interesting! In Christchurch quite a few years ago I saw a single cylinder mule on an engineer's bench that was part of John Britten's work in the same fashion; of course, his motor development was heading towards 2 cylinders, not 10 or 12...

·
Left of Centre
4,006 Posts
In the years before the internet, a couple of Aucklanders (one bike guy, one speedway fanatic) built a V8 out of 2 TZ700 or 750 motors to power a car for the dirt track...
Bicycle part Wood Rim Triangle Engineering

In the 2000's, another speedway guy built a small capacity 4-stroke v8 based on a pair of Kawasaki motors...

<Enthusiast goes for DIY style - NZ Herald>

<Kiwi-made Synergy V8 will star at Speedshow | Motor Equipment News | The source for Automotive repairers>

Gotta love their innovation and dedication, but jeez, the HOURS..

·
McTavish
6,491 Posts

·
McTavish
6,491 Posts
In the years before the internet, a couple of Aucklanders (one bike guy, one speedway fanatic) built a V8 out of 2 TZ700 or 750 motors to power a car for the dirt track...
View attachment 158826

In the 2000's, another speedway guy built a small capacity 4-stroke v8 based on a pair of Kawasaki motors...

<Enthusiast goes for DIY style - NZ Herald>

<Kiwi-made Synergy V8 will star at Speedshow | Motor Equipment News | The source for Automotive repairers>

Gotta love their innovation and dedication, but jeez, the HOURS..
Both articles are great reads the second one leads to some other great stuff.
Too bad there was no sound track to listen to though, I'll bet it sounds sweet when it's wailin' @ WOT

·
Left of Centre
4,006 Posts
There's some stuff on youtube, if you search "Synergy V8", including a running BRZ conversion in Japan.

I once saw a clip of the motor being run pretty hard on a dyno, but I don't know what site that was on.

·
Left of Centre
4,006 Posts
There's some stuff on youtube, if you search "Synergy V8", including a running BRZ conversion in Japan.

I once saw a clip of the motor being run pretty hard on a dyno, but I don't know what site that was on.
Lol...search synergy v8 dyno run on youtube :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts