Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to what everyone is paying for gas?

Just my luck that the most expensive one on this list happens to be right around the corner from me and I was on empty this morning! $3.04 was for regular, $82 later and I'm at work typing this and fuming at the same time!:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bigdaa said:
$3.25 for super. I'm riding the KLR650 as much as possible.

My father-in-law has an old 1987 honda 250 with only 953miles on it. I may steal it for the 70mpg factor...

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
I only can use premium in my stuff, so I can only say that it is $3.12 this morning in central Wisconsin.

Fun Fact: In 2004 it was $34 a barrel, 2006 it is a little over $70 a barrel.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
m51142 said:
Cool.. A set clubman bars and rearsets and your good to go.

Now there's an idea! If I can pry it from his hands I just might do that. Fun little bike to ride even if it is underpowered.

·
The Guy passing you...
1,092 Posts
(tumpets playing, standing on soap box)

Welcome to Capitalism at its finest!!!! You cant have it both ways people, cheap prices and get rich!

Always soo much bitching about gas prices, boo hoo. There are soo many other issues that are far more important. Suck it up or quit driving.

Think our prices are high, go across the pond and look over in Europe. We have it so good here its ridiculous yet we still manage to complain.

Why is it we feel people/companies, "OWE" us or we "Deserve" something?

If you owned your own business, are you gonna let someone tell you how much you can sell your product for?

I didnt think so.

The market dictates your price, supply and demand, etc, etc, etc...

.....Capitalism!!!!!!

(off soap box)

Did I mention I dont have to pay for gas? Ya thats right, company car, company gas card.

I do have to fiull the bikes though and the E-150 to lug them and the boat around! :cool2:

·
Honda Addict
828 Posts
Evad101 said:
Did I mention I dont have to pay for gas? Ya thats right, company car, company gas card.
Evad is respectfully excused from this discussion.

For the rest of us involuntarily getting bent over the oil barrel - WTF?!!

Saw a report on NBC Nightly News earlier this week about how this guy named Lee Somebody (can't remember his last name) who was CEO for Exxon Mobile was paid approx. $144,000 a day over the last five years. That's moronic!!
I might be the American way but it's also just plain out of control. Think there's other oil/gas guys out there making the similar jack! Think maybe it has some sort of effect on the price at the pump. Do I sound pissed?

BTW - paid 2.95 for mid grade here in AR last night.

And is all of this bullsh!t mainkly because of the paranoia stemming from if Iran cuts us off? What gives?

·
Honda Addict
828 Posts
dadogs said:
Hey Razor, what does "mainkly" mean?:blink: :lol:
LOL...mainly.

Dogs, you're a market guy. Can you please explain in layman's terms what the fok is going on.

There have been no hurricanes lately sooooo.......? :poop:

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
razorbike said:
LOL...mainly.

Dogs, you're a market guy. Can you please explain in layman's terms what the fok is going on.

There have been no hurricanes lately sooooo.......? :poop:

My friend I wish I knew.....Supply and demand don't have as much to do with it as people think. Global unrest and mkt speculations along with IMO price gouging by the Oil companies and OPEC are the driving forces. And yes. I do feel it's absolute B.S.!

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Gas prices are going up because of OPEC, not because of Mobile or Exxon or whomever else. If you do the math of the price per barrel in 2004 over 2005, prices have gone up precisely with those prices and nothing more. I was shocked to hear this too, I read the numbers, then I did the number myself, it all adds up to OPEC giving us the finger.

I need a car that gets 100mpg but still has 300hp but doesn't cost over $30-$40k. I'm American.

·
Honda Addict
828 Posts
Caught a piece of the Today show this morning (would like to catch a piece of Katie Couric but that's another story) and there was some analyst guy (didn't catch his name) talking to Matt Lauer about how he thinks if oil prices were to hit $100 / barrel it would be a good thing because it would force everyone in this country to re-examine their personal needs and conserve as much as possible in the form of the cars they buy and drive and more people riding motorcycles etc.

I still have to stick to my original theory from the post-Katrina months that if a healthy % of people start giving the gas stations the finger by using better fuel conservation habits, the people that set the prices would be stuck with a lot more supply and the price would have to come down again and wouldn't that translate to less oil demand hence the price would come down there also? Or is the foreign demand (i.e. China, Japan, Europe) going to keep it up because they are already used to paying the higher prices?

I'm open to a little objective education here...

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.