Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I designed a Honda F4i throttle body adapter for my EFI conversion project. I have extra sets for sale. If you are looking to turbo your F4i / 919 / streetfighter pod filters, etc, these adapters are probably one of the missing pieces for you to do the mod! They are designed for multiple applications with F4i/919 throttle bodies.

These are CNC machined 6061 aluminum specifically for the F4i / CB900F / 919 throttle bodies. It will work for both of those bikes. The profile of the velocity stack is similar to the 919, which is shorter than the stock F4i with 5 degree taper from 42mm down to 36mm. Pretty much just like the 919 stacks. I will send detail measurements on request.

The stacks' outer diameter are 54mm uniformly so that you can easily fit dual pod filters (K&N RU-2850) or 4-1 piping using silicone couplers for turbo. Or you can weld your own custom airbox to this piece. It uses factory seals and with slight higher seal compression. So it can easily handle 10 psi without any issue(which is probably the max of what these stock motor can handle anyway). With custom silicone seals, you can definite blow up your motor with whatever PSI you want.

$200 a set, you pay shipping. There is absolutely no way you can get this anywhere else cheaper! Set up cost for CNC work is easily $200+ alone. Plus you have to design it! I got a batch done in hope to save cost and share my work. So let me know if you are interested.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,338 Posts
Are you not reinventing the wheel? And I am not trying to bash you and your suggestion. It's nice of you to help everyone. But your solution is not optimal and consider a poor hack at best. In reality, your design won't work well, if at all.

Then again, you are a professional electrical engineer, what do I know!

Sorry to plagiarize one of your previous posts, but I just could not resist!

Please post the before and after dyno charts, I look forward to seeing how well these perform, and I'm sure others do as well.

Or, is this a pure poser mod?

Here was mine - it sure sounded and looked good!

I can see those being used in custom applications, such as engine swaps. They would look cool in a old school way, and in that regard, I love it.

You could always put them on eBay, global market there, and I do believe their is a market for those - if they work.

How is your bike running? Can you post pictures of the completed installation? Maybe some video's?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, you don't know the intended design. Show me where you can buy what I designed and I will buy you a drink or two.

I am using it for my EFI conversion for my Honda 599. At the same time, I designed it to be flexible so it can fit OTHER applications, like TURBO for 919 and F4i. And if people feel the need to pods or whatever the heck they want, they CAN. It wasn't meant to break any record performance... Do you understand it now? Or do you still feel the need to be a douche smartass that think you know what you are talking about?

And your analogy using my previous post is completely flawed. If you took a basic circuits class you know what I was talking about. The design was pure WRONG, not even just not optimal.

Therese nothing WRONG with this design here. It may or may not be optimal. Besides, this is not even the final product, how the hell do you know this will not perform well? This is only a tiny piece of the puzzle. So for you to judge it so early, you are making a huge assumption on how this will be used.

I will reserve this for those with a little bit or imagination... You can continue be bitter at things you don't understand... Have fun...

It's almost like designing a wrench. You don't design it to break any kind of torque record. You design it to your NEEDS... This design fills a small niche for people wanting to play with the F4i/919 throttle bodies.

Now go away troll...

·
Ian
3,313 Posts
Nice work and a really cool idea ... high quality fab and looks like a lot of time and thought went into it. :yes:

Do you have abny links to the 599-EFI conversion? That sounds like a fun read.

Cheers,
Ian

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FIY: These adapters are meant to bolt directly to my stock Honda 599 airbox with the F4i throttle bodies. :D So no pod filters for me. Definitely not a poser mod. I think I will let the result speaks for itself, though. Not promising I will break any world record here. It's just me having fun with it. I hope others feel the same way.

·
Premium Member
11,622 Posts
Hey, Cychotic, I'm seriously interested in your FI conversion for the 599.

Are you just taking F4i throttle bodies and putting them on your adapters? I'm assuming you need and F4i ECU as well? What other changes to you need to do to make this setup work?

I would love to do this to the wife's 599!

·
Will fly for food.
860 Posts
This is an awesome idea! I was just thinking that the 599 would have been a much around-town street-bike if it were fuel-injected.

·
Registered
72 Posts
As an apprentice of Mechanical engineering and CAD design, you have done very, very well.
Just the time that goes into designing and modeling this up on SolidWorks takes time and effort.....

thanks for sharing :clap:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CJ599 at honda599 has gotten the microsquirt setup on his 599 already. I am working on differeent components than he is in hopes to have a compete solution for th 599, so more people would do the conversion.

I am also working on a plug and play complete harness and fuel system, but it will take quite a bit of time. A plug and play EFI conversion for the 599 is definitely doable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts