3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'01 cbr929 right fork puked.
any first time replacing seals advice?

wow, say that 10x's fast

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
I have some very good advice for when it comes to replacing fork seals. Have the Stealership do it.

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
forget the dealership...find a shop that does trackbikes or a local tuner

there are a couple places in northern jersey that do a decent job as well as on just north of NYC, and hey doesn't GMD have someone in NYC?

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,707 Posts
ratdog said:
forget the dealership...find a shop that does trackbikes or a local tuner

there are a couple places in northern jersey that do a decent job as well as on just north of NYC, and hey doesn't GMD have someone in NYC?

Agreed.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Agreed with the other boneheads too except for the bonehead extraordinaire ragdoll. Never take it back to a dealership, find a local shop!

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,707 Posts
Come to Goleta California and see Danny Whaler at Precision Motorcycle. Hee will fix you up good. That's the best I can do with what I have.

And Sporty is right about us guys. We all have 'boneheads' now and then, so give that babe a meat cigar!

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
turn_1 said:
except when in wisconsin and there is no local shops.
10-4... It's our only option. Or if you have an Audi and NO ONE will even touch the stupid thing so you have to go to the dealership.

Fortunately for me I haven't had any problems with either in a long time. :scooter:

My bike is still under warranty for another 1 1/2 years so I'd take it there anyways. I had a fork seal problem a few years back and they covered it. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.