Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit: I should say I'm draining the brakes, since I'm swapping the lines for ss. But after I'm done I'll have to bleed anyways I guess.

I got one of those 2-in-1 bleeder tools from Motion Pro that combines the wrench and the hose. I'm doing the rear, with the master cylinder cap off, and tool connected to the bleeder valve. Everytime I depress the rear brake to pump, I get a lot of pressure at the valve forcing the tool off, and more fluid coming out of the tool/valve gap than through the hose. I barely get any liquid into the hose in fact. It all wants to push through the seal at the valve.

What am I doing wrong here? TIA.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Get a 10 dollar vacuum bleeder from harbor freight. it'll suck the system dry in like 10 seconds. Pumping brake lines is for suckers.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<-- sucker. I've already got the motion pro and I've still gotta bleed the brakes. Is what I'm experiencing normal?

·
919 Rider
2,718 Posts
I’m thinking I’d like to get a bleeder tool but I’ve got no idea what to get. I see plenty of cheap ones on eBay.
Can anyone recommend one or put up a picture?

·
Registered
755 Posts
I just unbolt the brake hose from the caliper and let it drain out that way

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just unbolt the brake hose from the caliper and let it drain out that way

I should have done that. Damnit.

So I figured out what was wrong with the p.o.s. Motion Pro speed bleeder by taking it apart. It's the "check valve" the put in there, a little ball bearing. It was apparently a 2-way check valve since it wasn't letting any fluid into the drain hose, so all the built up pressure was just blowing off the seal and causing fluid to drain out the gap. Took the bearing out, and wrapped up the drain/bleed in like 20 minutes. I think.

So after I bled the front right caliper, I went to go bleed the left and there were no bubbles coming out - just fluid right from the first pump. I tried it a few times, and the line was all fluid, so I figured it was done. Is it typical to just have to bleed from one side?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts