Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Rock-N-Roll
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking about putting the header from a mid 90’s CBR900RR onto my 919. If you have already or are in the planning stages of putting a header on your 919, what brand of exhaust did you use. The brand that keeps popping up is Delkevic. If anyone out there has Delkevic on your bike what’s your story

·
Registered
295 Posts
I kept my stock header to retain the undertail exhaust, but replaced the exhaust with Delkevic's 8" CF cans, and 3 (4?) years on I like them a lot. The CF is still nice and shiny and they still sound great. Most importantly, the hardware has held up (various brackets, grommets, spacers, bolts) and it all fit together well. I doubt there's any huge difference in gains tuned or un-tuned between the difference exhaust brands, so my criteria were price up front, and longevity over time. There are cheaper brands but we've seen horror stories on those, and there are ones with more name recognition but would have cost several hundred more.

·
Super Moderator
11,241 Posts
I did a 900RR conversion about 14 years ago and still love it. I used a Scorpion can. I think they are called Scorpion Red Power now.

·
Super Moderator
11,241 Posts
Is there a sound difference between the short and long cans?
Probably depends on how much packing they have, but in general, I think the shorter ones are a bit louder. There is a video in the above thread. You can't really tell much about the loudness from a video, but you can get an idea of the tone. If you do a search for exhaust threads on the forum, you will find a bunch of threads including 900RR conversions.

·
Super Moderator
11,241 Posts
You're talking to the current highest mileage 919 on the forum. Possibly the planet.
Probably the most that still posts. There were some really high mileage 919's here before. Rickard (Canada) was one of the highest. Haven't seen him in a while, so not sure if he still has it. There was a guy here for a while with a Honda F4i (I think) that had almost 300K.

·
This town needs an enema!
378 Posts
I’m thinking about putting the header from a mid 90’s CBR900RR onto my 919. If you have already or are in the planning stages of putting a header on your 919, what brand of exhaust did you use. The brand that keeps popping up is Delkevic. If anyone out there has Delkevic on your bike what’s your story
Yep. Delkevic 900RR headers are what I went with, along with a GPR muffler. Been almost 9 years since doing this mod. Everything runs perfectly fine. I had always wanted to shorten the muffler by about 3 inches or so, but I'm not motivated enough these days to take it apart and go through with it.

With this setup, it's not particularly loud. I'd say loudness is comparable to when I had done a bafflectomy on the stock dual cans. Also, the ol' exhaust stink is non-issue now.

I love the extra bend in the headers vs the more boxy L shape of the stock. It really gives the bike a nicer looking, more flowing line.

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

·
Super Moderator
11,241 Posts
Yep. Delkevic 900RR headers are what I went with, along with a GPR muffler. Been almost 9 years since doing this mod. Everything runs perfectly fine. I had always wanted to shorten the muffler by about 3 inches or so, but I'm not motivated enough these days to take it apart and go through with it.

With this setup, it's not particularly loud. I'd say loudness is comparable to when I had done a bafflectomy on the stock dual cans. Also, the ol' exhaust stink is non-issue now.

I love the extra bend in the headers vs the more boxy L shape of the stock. It really gives the bike a nicer looking, more flowing line.

View attachment 158892
I think that exhaust looks awesome. Fits the bike lines perfectly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm hoping that Micron comes back someday, they made the coolest cans. My last 929 had a carbon fiber can that was awesome in my opinion. The 929 I have now has a long Erion can and its loud and has a nasty bite to it at high R's.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts