Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fly around the US for work every 3-4 weeks. This I'm in Birmingham, AL. I live in central Wisconsin. So I get on my connection plane from CWA to Detroit. Saab prop plane...hate it. It's a 38 passenger(I think)

So we are flying over Lake Michigan, about 50-60 minutes into the flight, I'm watching a movie on my computer and suddenly I hear a loud crack/boom noise(not lightening) like something broke. My computer floated in mid air for a moment and then slammed back down on the tray table. It felt like it came from the back of the plane... then the plane started to shake violently and I could feel my body pressing into the seatbelt. The plane was on a steady and steep decline.

The pilot came on and sounded quite calm and asked for everyone to fasten and tighten their seatbelt. Said that we have to make an emergency landing Doh. The flight attendant was running up and down the isle checking people, falling into peoples chairs from the shakes in the plane sometimes.

And I'll be damned, I'm in the exit row. So I was glancing at the hatch door and reciting the instructions in my head. We were in thick clouds so I couldn't see anything. We then broke through the clouds and I saw that we were still over the Lake Michigan. Double doh. Just as I thought the worse, the plane accelerated and we leveled out some, still declining though. The pilot came back on and said that we have been cleared to land at some airport near the edge of the lake. We ended up circling some airport in the middle of nowhere and then landing. Had to take a bus the rest of the way to Detroit, was like 3.5 hours.

No one told us what happened to the plane.
------------------------------------------------
So now I'm in Birmingham, counted about 7 teeth total so far in the population.

Saw like 9 cops surrounding an African-American man, who was face down on the concrete with handcuffs on. I figured he was probably driving 3mph over the speed limit and was lynched right there.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
So, are you still pulling seat fabric out of your sphincter?

AL necessary vocabulary:
- yall: Draw it out a bit
- howl: What you do when something is very funny
- sack: There are no bag
- mud bugs: Crawfish
- yonder: Over there
- crick: Smaller than a river, but larger than a brook
- I-talion: With a long I sound. Someone from the "boot" country
- yankee: Some from the north

·
Registered
182 Posts
Did they deice it before you took off ?
I've flown from Detroit to Wausau and Traverse City on NW props but all summertime stuff.
At least you've got some warm weather down there, how far are you from Barber ?

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trunorth said:
Did they deice it before you took off ?
I've flown from Detroit to Wausau and Traverse City on NW props but all summertime stuff.
At least you've got some warm weather down there, how far are you from Barber ?
Pretty close... and it's 35 degrees and a chance of snow tonight here, thanks. Doesn't matter where I go for work, it is ALWAYS cold. You might think I'm joking, but I'm dead serious. Went to Orlando a month ago, ws in the lower 50's and evenings were mid 30's. Stupid.

It was an NWA Saab plane. What were you doing in Wausau?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wausau has a whitewater kayaking slalom course where they run World Cup races for this Olympic sport. My son is a carded athlete on the Canadian development team, he was in a junior race at the time. My wife drove there around the top of Georgian Bay down through Sault Ste Marie , I was in Detroit on business so met them there and drove them back.
My trip to Deals Gap this March is really about Kayaking they are running a slalom race at the Nantahala Outdoor Centre in North Carolina which just happens to be close to the Gap, so he'll bring down his race boat, I'll take my rodeo boat, and the Gixxer in the back of an Avalanche. Rivers and Highways on alternate days ! Too bad about the weather down there.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,696 Posts
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttt

That is a bit to fookin close for comfort.
A flight that got you a bit closer to the creator.
Glad we won't be wondering where the hell you went, bro!

·
The Guy passing you...
1,092 Posts
Still one of the safest ways to travel...

Glad you are still here though!

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Evad101 said:
Still one of the safest ways to travel...
Exactly. If I was to post on here how many times I have dangerous things come up with my car or bike, the server would go down. This is the first time I felt danger flying, and even then, I didn't feel like I was about to die or anything... I'm just shy of 24, I can't die, :p

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE: I found out that the left engine on the plane caught fire and apparently was shut down. So that explains the sharp decline in altitude.

And the fact that the other poor and overworked engine kept us going until we could land explains how I am able to type this note.

Stupid planes.

G

·
Trunorth said:
Wausau has a whitewater kayaking slalom course where they run World Cup races for this Olympic sport. My son is a carded athlete on the Canadian development team, he was in a junior race at the time. My wife drove there around the top of Georgian Bay down through Sault Ste Marie , I was in Detroit on business so met them there and drove them back.
My trip to Deals Gap this March is really about Kayaking they are running a slalom race at the Nantahala Outdoor Centre in North Carolina which just happens to be close to the Gap, so he'll bring down his race boat, I'll take my rodeo boat, and the Gixxer in the back of an Avalanche. Rivers and Highways on alternate days ! Too bad about the weather down there.
not an exciting town, i've been here for 26 years.

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
serves you right for buying speakers from someone else you bastard...

·
Il bambino e un cani
3,363 Posts
That big bang in the back of the plane was Moto and me joining the mile high club in the bathroom!
I was smackin his head on the sink.
JohnnyB

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
That big bang in the back of the plane was Moto and me joining the mile high club in the bathroom!
Classic Stuff!

I hate flying for this very reason. When I fly, if I dont sleep I am figuring out how I am going to react when the plane eventually goes down. Who I am going to jump over to get out, etc... and when I have the kids its even worse... I am a wreck on planes... I need a drink... STEWARDESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Rag... you bought speakers from someone else? Moto not good enough for you? You dont like the product? You want JohhnyB at your door in full drag gettin ready to rape you?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
JohnnyB said:
JohnnyB
Now that is funny!

Hope he had his helmet on, he's not allowed to leave the house without it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts