Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I just feel the need to rant about various ebay annoyances.

When did all caps become the only way to post an auction? News flash, variable width fonts are easier to read, that's why we have them. When you type in all caps, it doesn't make the auction look more important, it makes it impossible to see.

When did spelling, punctuation and grammar lose all relevance? Would you go to a store and buy something where all the flyers, signs, banners, etc. had misspelled words, no punctuation, run-on sentences, and horrid grammer? I wouldn't. eBay needs a sobriety test prior to auction postings.

Why does everyone and their mother think it takes $15 to ship a $2 part weighing 4 lbs? Seriously, if you're only shipping to the 48 state area, how about a realistic shipping estimate. I was once gouged for $50 OVER the actual shipping cost of the item.

When did ebay turn into the marketplace for CRAP? There is so much junk on there it amazes me daily. I'm sure $15 fender eliminators are worth every penny, especially compared to a $150 CW eliminator...

Oh, and one more thing. This whole "CBR900RR NOT GSXR GSX VFR VTR RC NS YZF" really ticks me off. What kind of person would run a search specifically for one thing, find the WRONG item due to this kind of search term whoring, and say, "Oh, that's what I really wanted after all!"

Every John, Dick, and Harry thinks he can make a huge profit selling crap through ebay. I've found prices lower on items BRAND NEW with a little searching on the internet than prices for used items on ebay.

Rant over

·
Stare into me...
1,926 Posts
Bock919 said:
When did spelling, punctuation and grammar lose all relevance? Would you go to a store and buy something where all the flyers, signs, banners, etc. had misspelled words, no punctuation, run-on sentences, and horrid grammer? I wouldn't. eBay needs a sobriety test prior to auction postings.

You would hapily shop their if you two, were iliterite.......

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, that is a good point. I hadn't really thought of that.

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
people charge less on the product, them make up for it on the shipping. That way they don't have to pay E-Bay as much...

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
It annoys me to even search e-bay. I have never purchased or sold on e-bay and never plan on it.

·
BANNED!
5,539 Posts
Ebay does suck... but for those hard to find items... sometimes you need to venture out into the jungle.

·
Quitting is for Quitters!
1,798 Posts
I've only bought once on e-bay. My teknic leathers, never worn. $100.00

Can't beat that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.