1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
What's up with the 3 ft pipes?

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,707 Posts
Ya, I can deal without the 16 inch Naval cannons in the back, but that bike is a very sexy temptress.

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
It's been around a few years, not even sure Ducati is still producing them. Don't know much about that model except that they were limited production, expensive and uncommon (if not rare), oh yeah, and even cooler in person than in pics.

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
From what I remember this model was manufactured in limited production. It has that somewhat retro look you either love or hate. IMO this bike looks great in person.

·
Two Wheeled Warlord
1,143 Posts
I think they're cheap and nasty in person! that finned sump is actually a plastic cover. I nearly threw down the 1000 Euro deposit when they were offering them, but decided I liked the ride I had then too much. There's one here for sale in Vancouver, and it just leaves me cold.

Now the Paul Smart is as nice in the flesh as photos. All you'd have to do is ditch the massive mufflers, and source out some nice Contis.

G

·
The MH900E was a limited production bike, 2000 were produced for the world market. They were made available exlusively on the internet Jan. 1, 2000 at midnight. The bikes quickly sold out online, but nearly two years passed before deliveries began taking place. The largest share ended up in Japan, which I always found amusing. I'm 6'1" and I'm on my toes at stoplights. The engine was essentially a Supersport 900. I haven't ridden an RS125, but I can tell you that it's a bus compared to the RS250 I took a spin on. Handling is not bad, just slow and steady, the bike has a fairly long wheelbase. Very uncomfortable, very pretty. Things tend to work that way.:)

Danke, you might want to think twice about making sh*t up and posting it in forums. It may end up in a Google MH900E search. The sump is not plastic, in actual fact the cast aluminum piece weighs about 10 pounds when removed. This prompts many people to remove it for weight savings. The bike has less plastic on it than any sportbike I've ever owned, German, Italian or Japanese. The fit and finish is excellent. The body work is fiberglass, and is very well made, the frames were built by Benelli, wheels by Anterra. I like the Paul Smart as well, but when comapring based on which one looks "cheap" you obviously haven't seen both side by side. The sport classic series was better thought out by Ducati when it comes to saving money. It's peppered with run of the mill Ducati components, where the MH has custom items.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Not exactly a "axe to grind," more like a newbie who appears to have knowledge about the MH90 instead of someone talking out the side of his mouth.
Touche, Mike! It's just a tad unusual to see someone accuse another member of talking sh!t on his/her first post...although in this case it appears the accusation has a pretty solid basis. :detective:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.