Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ducati is my luscious Italian temptress always whispering the sexiest things in my ear while twisting my nipples.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
ok, the twisting nipples was a little more info than I needed...

I had heard rumors of this... It's a 1200, right?

·
Site Founder
9,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know anything about it but I'd guess it is the same engine as the current 999. No reason for them to start off with a new engine when they're still paying for the R&D in that one.

I'm not convinced it's not just a photoshop chop. The wheels don't strike me as a matched set and the headlights are easy enough to drop in.

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
Kev, when you sell your kindeny for the bike let me know. Can you sell your other kidney for me. I need one of those 1200's...

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
They're just like every other bike man. Just take care of it and you won't have any problems.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
From what I've heard, there are only two real downsides to owning a Duc. Your maintenance intervals for the valve adjustments suck. If you drop it and break something, it takes forever to get parts. Reliability is above reproach, it's just like ragdoll said. Take care of it, it will take care of you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
As for the maintanance intervals... My 748 valve adjustments are every 6000 miles. I think that is reasonable eventhough it is a little expensive. If you drop it. Find someone that can weld plastic and replace the broken parts on ebay. After I dropped mine at Jennings Jet was able to locate the left clip on, clutch lever, and foot peg on ebay. I think he paid $25-$30 for everything. I just sent the plastics to a guy who can fill in the big hole in my left fairing and repaint it. A lot cheaper than replacing the fairing and front cowl. Things are expensive, but like anything else there are ways around it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.