Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
919 Rider
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Fitted a new fuel mixture screw. The stock one was impossible to adjust with bike complete, ie with carbie on bike. The starter motor is in the way. It's called a flex jet, and it allows you to adjust the idle fuel mix while bike is running. I had a slight hanging idle. Got a jet/needle kit coming.

Attachments

·
919 Rider
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
This morning I rode down an old fire trail through the mountains. Never made it to the lookout cause of several trees fallen over track. Didn't even make it out the other side. I rode around some downed trees. A couple I rode over. One I got under. But then it got worse down in a wet gully. I'm going back on the weekend with a small chainsaw on the back. No one's been all the way in years.

Attachments

·
919 Rider
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Drier than average winter here. Met Bur outlook over summer is for hot dry conditions too. Good weather for bees, not so good for Bushfires.
Yeah no mud to play in, didn't have to wash the bike but.

·
`
3,862 Posts
Fitted a new fuel mixture screw. The stock one was impossible to adjust with bike complete, ie with carbie on bike. The starter motor is in the way. It's called a flex jet, and it allows you to adjust the idle fuel mix while bike is running. I had a slight hanging idle. Got a jet/needle kit coming.
had the same one on my DRZ. Wish I never sold that bike.

2ec890f0-8706-4dcb-ae2e-d6e1a773400e2.JPG

68b96f7c-eebf-4b7b-98fc-b7858871cd092.JPG

b4922663-e5a1-45d6-b77c-1ef84b0b6f412.JPG

·
919 Rider
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
It does look great. I love mine almost as much as my hornet 900. Goes like a shower of shit in the bush.
I found a nice launch on my way to check some bee hives today. I was working mind you. Just got a little distracted, a few times.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Bee related question, do you use any tech to monitor your bee hives ? temp sensors, humidity etc? Weight sensor to see how much honey a hive has or doesn't ?

It does look great. I love mine almost as much as my hornet 900. Goes like a shower of shit in the bush.
I found a nice launch on my way to check some bee hives today. I was working mind you. Just got a little distracted, a few times.

·
919 Rider
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
No monitoring tech. I have considered remote camera tech. Other than the vehicles I'm pretty much doing it the same way it was done 200yrs ago. You get a good "feel" for it after a while. To really "feel" what's going on the best way is quietly open up the hive and have a look. Besides if the hives were remotely monitored I wouldn't have an excuse to flog about the bush on my DRZ!
I've recently been trying out some plastic hives. They don't rot.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
That's pretty neat.

I wonder if people 3d print their hives? I'm sure you could get pretty fancy with the design.

No monitoring tech. I have considered remote camera tech. Other than the vehicles I'm pretty much doing it the same way it was done 200yrs ago. You get a good "feel" for it after a while. To really "feel" what's going on the best way is quietly open up the hive and have a look. Besides if the hives were remotely monitored I wouldn't have an excuse to flog about the bush on my DRZ!
I've recently been trying out some plastic hives. They don't rot.

·
919 Rider
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
So I've had the DRz400e for almost two years now.
I luv it. This bike just goes and goes. Never broken down.
I've dropped it several times in the dirt.
I flog the absolute crap out of it.
I'm almost fifty but feel like a kid every time I get on it.

·
McTavish
6,346 Posts
So I've had the DRz400e for almost two years now.
I luv it. This bike just goes and goes. Never broken down.
I've dropped it several times in the dirt.
I flog the absolute crap out of it.
I'm almost fifty but feel like a kid every time I get on it.
Still the pup, eh?
Keep it that way.

·
919 Rider
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
DRz400 is still going strong. Simple, reliable and bulletproof. Has not let me down yet.

·
919 Rider
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
7000 km’s, mostly dirt, ridden hard and the rear knobby tire is done. I’ll change the sprocket and chain too. The rear sprocket is good and so is the chain, zero stretch, just WD40 as lube/cleaner. But the front sprocket is toast.
Nothing has broke yet.

·
919 Rider
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Put some handle bar risers on. One inch.
Better on my back, I’m tall and getting old. Also taller handle bars better for riding standing up.

·
919 Rider
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I lent my bike to my wife’s son. He’s dropped it and gouged up the plastic on the left side. Up until this point the bike still looked like new. He didn’t even tell me. Just parked the bike in the shed and said he’d had a good ride.
Little bastard.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts