Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone own a pair of these? What do you think of them? Are the Icon jeans just as thick or are the Draggin' jeans thicker? The Icon jeans for ladies and men are 14oz denium BTW.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I loved mine. I dont wear them anymore now that I have a suit but maybe I should since I still ride in jeans and leathers for around town....anyways I think they are great. Kevlar lining in the knees and all around you hips and butt. They are the heaviest jeans I have ever picked up(dont know the oz). Never looked at the Icon.

·
Quitting is for Quitters!
1,798 Posts
I bought gixxer1k (that's my hubby by the way) the icon riding jeans. He LOVES them. Thankfully he hasn't had to find out if they hold up in a fall. But they do seem very sturdy.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
They are heavier duty than Icon jeans. The Kevlar itself is thicker in the Draggin's.

Another difference is the fit. The Icon jeans are a little more urban, they are baggier than most of the Draggin line. You can get looser fit Draggin's, they have a baggy line I think. I haven't crashed in them, but I would think that if you eat it while wearing baggier ones, as you make contact with the ground the pants material would rub very very quickly across the skin and you'd still have a pretty crazy injury to atleast the skin.

But on the other hand, I got the 'normal' fit draggin's and they're tight enough that I won't even wear them anymore. I'm a 33 waist and I bought 34's and they are still tight.

I guess wearing a little looser jeans and getting a little road rash is better than wearing just regular denim and wearing down to the bone. Your call.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so for you guys that have them, it seems like they fit on the smaller side? too tight of jean is also uncomfortable too to ride in just like leathers that are too tight

·
Registered
858 Posts
Oops! I thought you meant had anyone dragged knee in jeans...Nevermind.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
My bro has a pair, never offed wearing them, though. He finds them comfortable enough to wear for everday stuff. I think they'd be a bit warm for summer, but it beats ripping your skin off your legs.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Never tried Draggin' Jean. But, I do like the Bohn under garment protection. Can be worn under your choice of jeans.

For riding to work or quick easy protection over shorts, bathing siut, street clothes, etc. I would highly recommend AeroStitch. Step in and zip. IMO worth every penny.:thumbup1:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RC51_CBRXX said:
Never tried Draggin' Jean. But, I do like the Bohn under garment protection. Can be worn under your choice of jeans.

For riding to work or quick easy protection over shorts, bathing siut, street clothes, etc. I would highly recommend AeroStitch. Step in and zip. IMO worth every penny.:thumbup1:
is the Bohn under garments bulky? Can they fit under snug jeans? what is the stuff made of? I have to look into the AeroStitch...that would be nice in the summer time here..it's just other shoes I would have to carry around..shorts and biker boots wouldn't look good:thumbdown:

·
Enormous member
232 Posts
One of the local vendors who rides hit a Rott while wearing his Draggin' Jeans and a Fieldsheer jacket, and while they didn't come out looking pretty, he walked away with no rash.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
RSixxy said:
is the Bohn under garments bulky? Can they fit under snug jeans? what is the stuff made of? I have to look into the AeroStitch...that would be nice in the summer time here..it's just other shoes I would have to carry around..shorts and biker boots wouldn't look good:thumbdown:
What is the definition of snug. I can't wear it under my Jordache Jeans, but they look good under my Gloria Vanderbilts.;) They're no problem under the usual jean I wear. That was the initial attraction. Was looking at the Draggin's, but didn't want to limit myself. For the about the same price, I got a bit more flexibility but sacrifice the kevlar.

Aerostitch isn't cheap, but very flexible for street use. Actual seen a guy do a track day in them. They come off the rack or custom with tons of options.

One thing so many people forget is a back protector. Spend the $100 or so, and get a good back protector.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have owned a pair of draggin jeans, they are tighter fitting for sure -but the new traffic style is much better. Warm in the cooler mornings, not too bad in the summer. I like them around town, but still wear my leathers out of the city. I wore them in a dirt bike spill a year or so ago - skidded across an unsealed track at high speed on my ass. Stopped - dusted off - picked up the bike and kept going...just a small tear to the seam.

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
Hey, the rebirth of this thread reminded me that I should probably sell mine since they never really fit me well. Look for it soon in the For Sale section if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ragdoll said:
Hey, the rebirth of this thread reminded me that I should probably sell mine since they never really fit me well. Look for it soon in the For Sale section if anyone is interested.
wish you had some women's ones for sale! :001_tt2:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ragdoll said:
They'd fit a chubby girl maybe.
of if one wanted loose fit type of jean. guys jeans fit different though overall and the zipper is on the wrong side!

·
Wookie
7,274 Posts
RSixxy said:
of if one wanted loose fit type of jean. guys jeans fit different though overall and the zipper is on the wrong side!
Put em on backwards.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
or inside-out...wait, that wouldn't work

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.