WristTwisters.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,599 Posts
I don't want to write what I am thinking right now.

Say it, forget it.
Write it, regret it.

·
Old, Bold rider
2,476 Posts
I don't want to write what I am thinking right now.

Say it, forget it.
Write it, regret it.
I don't have that sort of restraint.

Watching that almost made me throw up. Why? Having been involved in a head on collision with another motorcycle on my still favorite mountain road which resulted in several serious injuries on my part, and the other rider's death, I cannot hold my tongue. The situation in the video was quite a bit different: In my case the other rider was pushed wide by sand on the road coming into a blind corner, putting him into my path. In the video, however, there was plenty of sight line which all three riders ignored, and given that they had no consideration for an oncoming motorcycle whatsoever, and almost certainly ended the ride (that is if they did not pull a similar stunt further down the road that did not have such a benign outcome) chugging beers and laughing at the poor schmuck they barely missed, completely confident in their invincibility. Thankfully the rider did not overreact to the first interloper by steering away from him and right into the path of one of the next two. The aftermath would be horrible.

One thing's sure: if not as early as the next ride, then on a subsequent ride they will not be as lucky.

Rob

·
Old, Bold rider
2,476 Posts
If you go into the comments there is a follow up.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpGtBk4pE2E&feature=youtu.be"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpGtBk4pE2E&feature=youtu.be[/ame]
No further comments needed.

Rob

·
Registered
221 Posts
Wow, nuts.
And absolute morons.
Like many, I like to go fast but never take a pass that I can’t safely make within the limits of the bike.

Closest I ever came to a head on was with a Jeep. I was in a left hand corner leaned over fairly hard.
But still had margin for error, and always try to take any left corners where my entire head is still in my lane.
When I see the Jeep he is completely in my lane. He wasn’t excessively speeding so may have just been distracted and drifted over.
I still had just enough time to adjust my line to the far side of the road (country road with no shoulder).
And he realized what was going on a jerked back towards his lane, but was still partially in my lane when we passed.

·
McTavish
6,233 Posts
Nutters and Berks.
But it still pains me to see them get their just rewards.
I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

·
McTavish
6,233 Posts
I don't have that sort of restraint.

Watching that almost made me throw up. Why? Having been involved in a head on collision with another motorcycle on my still favorite mountain road which resulted in several serious injuries on my part, and the other rider's death, I cannot hold my tongue.

Rob
Rob,
Such things are life changing, no way to forget that kind of thing.
I remember a kid on my paper route who was riding the wrong way on the motocross track and head on'ed the brother of partsman at the local Honda shop I went to.
Simply awful repercussions affecting so many.
Regards,
McRomo

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like the green Kawi on the right was NOT the bike that went down. Someone pointed out the number of pipes and other indicators.

I had a head on about 10 years ago when someone decided it was OK to drink and drive, she turned right in front of me, then (according to her lawyer and parents) left the country and they have no way to ever contact her again.

The truth is that those people very, nearly killed someone. The green Kawi was the worse because he was beside the other bike on a crest in the wrong lane, looks like he got away with it.

·
Registered
744 Posts
If the guy on the Ktm was in a car, all three of those motorcyclists would have died. They were lucky.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts