Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
GLG-20
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WT seems to go dark when I respond to threads. Is it because I sold the 9'er? Does the Tuono have the wrong kind of stink?

I'm starting to develop a complex :stuart:

:wave:

:innocent:

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
McTavish
6,340 Posts
WT seems to go dark when I respond to threads. Is it because I sold the 9'er? Does the Tuono have the wrong kind of stink?

I'm starting to develop a complex :stuart:

:innocent:

The development of such a complex is entirely unwarranted!

·
GLG-20
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I shower daily. Maybe the Tuono stinks? It has a high exhaust outlet similar to the 9'er, so maybe? I think I'm losing my sense of smell.

·
Registered
802 Posts
My 990 Super Duke has the same style mufflers as a 919. It has aprox 5-10%?the stench of a 919.

The 599, and the 848, both catless, for all practical purposes are odor free.

My .45, when I shoot my home made projectiles, lubed with my home made bacon grease/beeswax lube, smell terrific.

·
Super Moderator
11,622 Posts
I smell you sup'dog... I smell you.

#Tuono

·
919 Rider
2,787 Posts
My 919 will make my jacket stink like exhaust depending on exhaust can style, fuel map and windshield. Some setups no stink, others terrible. My current exhaust cans and map will make my backpack and jacket stink of exhaust something fierce. But if I run a windshield no stink.
Does your bike have a windshield?

·
Registered
116 Posts
My 919 will make my jacket stink like exhaust depending on exhaust can style, fuel map and windshield. Some setups no stink, others terrible. My current exhaust cans and map will make my backpack and jacket stink of exhaust something fierce. But if I run a windshield no stink.
Does your bike have a windshield?
I believe he meant metaphorically 😉

·
GLG-20
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just having some fun. Tuono does run rich though, so my jacket picks up a little of that. Not bad, and probably nothing like the stink some 9'ers have. I need to install the PC3 I got for it and get it tuned.

I like the smell of bacon. Maybe I'll make some homemade chain lube out of bacon grease...hmm...

Fall is coming. I hope to get out on some good rides when the weather cools down some.

·
Super Moderator
11,622 Posts
Hey - Yeah, she's doing great now. I had to repair my ignition switch for a second time. My first fix had too much strain on the wires and broke another one, so I had to strip everthing back again behind the epoxy I put in and re-solder everything. Lucky I had enough play in the wires, but I don't anymore. No more room for a 3rd fix, so if it happens again, I'll have to splice in some length. I really don't like how Aprilia routed those wires to the ignition on the left side - it causes tight bending every right turn.

Hey g00g! :wave:

I hope Ginger has been treating you well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts