Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Could anybody post some pics of your ECM connector (gray & black) for me!
Maybe I 'll find some wire different with mine.Help me please

·
Registered
68 Posts
for all the hassle if another 40km/h is worth it, you can also try your luck looking for a derestrictor device from Japan. if i'm not mistaken, your bike is a Japanese model. i find it so hard to ride the bike at 180km/h and above.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I had de-restricted my Hornet 919 by myself already.The bike after derestricted very perfect you can feel clearly the increase power.
You can have a look in this website.Sorry it in Vietnamese but i think you can understand with the pictures

http://www9.ttvnol.com/forum/garage/.../trang-10.ttvn

And there are some thread written by me show how to de-restricted CBR 1000RR,Hornet 600,CB1300,VFR800,CBR954...

Thanks all.

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
link doesn't work... .ttvn file doesn't load

did you mod the ECU by cutting the grey wire?

thx
-rd

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi NewSol,looked at your tech info and am wondering just hoe restricted my bike is.How did you get to the inlet restriction,ie.,WHAT did you remove and HOW?
thanks,
Timo.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,618 Posts
Wow, pictures are worth a thousand words. Very well done. Incredible the effort to restrict the 1000RR! I cannot imagine buying a litre bike and having it's power chopped in half. I have a ZX10R and it is restricted to 186MPH(300KPH) but I'd never know it. Good work, NewSol.(and tell your friends to wear protective clothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

·
BrokeRecord
1,180 Posts
???

Man, I didn't realize they put that much junk in the intake system. That oughtta breathe about as good as a fat boy choking on fishbones, like I did one time!!!:thumbdown:

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,618 Posts

·
Duuuuuuurp.....
499 Posts
Don't mean to side track here, but I topped my 9er out at 150 but the speedo goes to, what like 180, I can't remember... I looked at the gear ratio spreed sheet on LDH site and mine pretty much matches that. Is there a restrictor on the American version as well. I don't see how there could be because going 150 I was sitting at about 9K RPM.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Don't mean to side track here, but I topped my 9er out at 150 but the speedo goes to, what like 180, I can't remember... I looked at the gear ratio spreed sheet on LDH site and mine pretty much matches that. Is there a restrictor on the American version as well. I don't see how there could be because going 150 I was sitting at about 9K RPM.
dude your bike is way restricted, Ben's will easily do 170:w00t::w00t:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
really? somebody thinks the speedo numbers have something to do with top speed?

also? really? somebody thinks their zx10 would have been able to go more than 186?

there is a problem with teaching science in america, isn't there?

(and note to self, apparently, manners)

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
I live in Sai Gon.Contact me if you come to Vietnam.

If you're extending the offer to all WTers I may take you up on it.

Much better to get a hold of a 919 than riding on of those Honda scooters.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
_______ _________:blowup:
Man.. tell me about it. My my stupid ZX-14 won't go any faster than an indicated 186MPH and the speedo goes all the way to 190. WTF is up with that? :confused1:

My 2006 R6 tach red line is 17500 but the rev limiter is at 14k, what's up with that?

:001_rolleyes:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks again NewSol.Havent done it yet getting close to Xmas, but, next year it will be done and i'll let youknow how it goes.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts