Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
I hate to see videos like this. I am sure that fella did not make it. Based on the camera angle it looks like the person shooting the video was there for the purpose of filming the rider. This may explain the tragic accident.

·
Two Wheeled Warlord
1,143 Posts
Big thrill no skill.

The only "tragedy" is that the guy in the car will be second guessing this forever, and if they had kids in the car they're gun shy on motorcycles.

Any bets if the rider's name was Sean?

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
In your best Forest voice, "stupid is what stupid does". No, sympathy here. The soul purpose was to video. Go to the track. Get nice pictures and videos there.

The guy on the bike saw the car, paniced and tucked the front.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Danke said:
Big thrill no skill.

The only "tragedy" is that the guy in the car will be second guessing this forever, and if they had kids in the car they're gun shy on motorcycles.

Any bets if the rider's name was Sean?

^--------------+1

·
Registered
417 Posts
Did you guys see the car jump up when he ran over the rider? Oh man. That would suck.

I doubt TLC would show someone being killed though. Anyone know the rest of the story?

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
I am OK!!!!!!

J/K...

Although it looks like the car initially hit the rider, it does look like he got pushed out of the way. When the car gets airborne its because it ran over the bike. Looks like he was on the other side of the car.

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
Anyone know the rest of the story?

Yeah, my guess he went to the hospital... :yes:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ouch! Why do people do stupid things? Don't get me wrong, I occassionally speed and act a little reckless :nono: , but ramping has never been something I wanted to do.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Ouch! Yeah, take it too a track. I wonder how the friend feels knowing he taped his friends death (I really dont know if he is dead or not, but it would still be a sick feeling)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I never got the story behind it so I'm not sure what the aftermath was.

I agree, riding like this should be taken to the track. Had this rider did the same thing at the track, he would have got up and walked away with minor cuts and bruises.

I'm guilty of taking ramps at high speeds, mind you not as fast as this rider but I do enjoy ramps. It does make me think twice though after seeing this video.

·
Heavy Metal
4,304 Posts
ramps just have too much oil and other junk to be fun...oh yeah, not to mention cars

to the track
to the track
to the track track track...

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,707 Posts
I agree, riding like this should be taken to the track. Had this rider did the same thing at the track, he would have got up and walked away with minor cuts and bruises.

Unless the drink cart ran over him.

·
Registered
115 Posts
SportyChick said:
I'm guilty of taking ramps at high speeds, mind you not as fast as this rider but I do enjoy ramps. It does make me think twice though after seeing this video.
It should do more than making you think twice!

·
Il bambino e un cani
3,363 Posts
Saw that vid about a year ago.

Nothing special...the dude is employed by a new quick oil change business....you don't even have to stop your car....they just ride right up in front of you and jump under the car. The dude was just doin his job...ain't nothin to see here.

Although it's impressive how quick they are. That guy had it easy...you should see the guys that do two or three cars in a row....hell of a way to make a living.
JohnnyB

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,707 Posts
You see much more than the rest of us, Johnny. I think that you must have a gift from God.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.