Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor just treated himself to quite the b-day gift. He went out and purchased a brand new Screamin' Eagle Fat boy. Now I would have to think twice about dropping 30k on a bike but I do have have to say this thing is sweet! He started it up in his garage and the damn thing sounded like a top fuel dragster complete with the lumpy idle. I'm telling you this animal has enough compression that you can barely hold your hand over the back the pipe (two into one). And forget about it when it gets revved, all holy hell breaks loose.

I'm not ready for the cruiser crowd for a long time but after seeing this thing it made me think hmmmmmm maybe sometime soon I could just add another bike to the stable, something along the lines of a Screamin' Eagle V-rod. That should be something to dream of. Hell maybe you clowns will even talk me back into a track bike, I wouldn't mind having my old Gixxer 750 back...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but the screamin' eagle is supposed to be the fastest production bike to date....Nice bike but not my cup of tea.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
600rrrider said:
Correct me if I am wrong but the screamin' eagle is supposed to be the fastest production bike to date....Nice bike but not my cup of tea.
V-Rod drag edition. Not street legal. But, you'll most likely see a few on the roads this year.

Not fastest, but quickest in the quarter mile.

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
600rrrider said:

Not really my cup of tea either, but I'm still looking forward to taking it out for a spin once the weather warms up...now if I could just get past those forward foot pads (if that's what you call them?) I'm so used to rear sets.

I'll tell you one thing, just reving it in his garage the thing feels like it would have enough torque to pull my dang boat!

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
"Correct me if I am wrong but the screamin' eagle is supposed to be the fastest production bike"(V-Rod)

I remember reading that..production isn't the word I would use to call it.

Hopped-up kit bike with only straight line in mind maybe,and if I remember not really much faster than a stock liter sportbike!

Then again just think of the fun it would be.

·
Registered
233 Posts
True, an open class litre bike will take it with the right rider, since the Eagle has a longer wheelbase is acela\erate better

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah, switching from a H-D to a Honda 919 was interesting. The H-D was equipped with SE everything and Rinehart pipes. When I got the Honda, I was sure Big Red forgot to add torque.....

·
Administrator
10,290 Posts
Haha....it's been almost a year since enviro blasted out those airwaves.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Hmmmm, I don't know, I'm thinking that for 30K I could grab a honda VTX1800C model, spend 10K more and spank that pos v-rod to the side of the road and still have a reliable bike... but I could be wrong of course! :whistling:

·
Shiraz
2,684 Posts
Let me correct you, no.... no it's not, not even close... Not even a fast bike...

30,000 Fat Boy
0-60 in 4.62 secs
0-100 in 12.74
86 ft/lbs of torque at wheel

16,000 Triumph Rocket III
0-60 in 3.59 secs
0-100 in 8.29
144 ft/lbs of torque at wheel

So you see, not even close to other bikes in it's category.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Fastest production bike to date? Yes... just a little faster than the 919 is though! :whistling: :stir:

·
Official thread derailer
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Forgot about this thread (and Enviro ). Update on that screamin' eagle. VERRRRYYY shiny and outstanding paint job but not something I'll ever buy. Handles like a frigging tank but smooth ride if you're into straight line cruising. Turns heads with the looks and the obnoxiuosly loud pipes. Definatley the poser bike extraordinare. If I ever go back to a cruiser style bike I would look at the Honda VTX 1800 before the Harley. Nothing wrong if you like them just not my flavor.

Oh yeah RC90, the Fatboy looks at my tail lights on a regular basis:flip2: :laugh:

Edit: Son of a bitch......that last sentence didn't come out right did it.....

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Forgot about this thread (and Enviro ). Update on that screamin' eagle. VERRRRYYY shiny and outstanding paint job but not something I'll ever buy. Handles like a frigging tank but smooth ride if you're into straight line cruising. Turns heads with the looks and the obnoxiuosly loud pipes. Definatley the poser bike extraordinare. If I ever go back to a cruiser style bike I would look at the Honda VTX 1800 before the Harley. Nothing wrong if you like them just not my flavor.

Oh yeah RC90, the Fatboy looks at my tail lights on a regular basis:flip2: :laugh:

VTX1800 an excellent bike. We all know that you couldn't handle an H-D!:whistling: :stir: :smartass:

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
No it didn't but... who the hell am I to complain! :whistling:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I like the new Nightster. It is a third the price of the SEfatboy and way fcooler also just as fast with a few subtle mods. If you are really into a chopper check out the Horse mag as it has the best REAL bikes of the Vtwin persuasion.

·
Ride Offensively
600 Posts
You could buy a stock Fatboy and take the extra Money and build Twice the bike he spent for the SE Fatboy. I have a friend who dropped 34K on a Roadking that the dealer installed all the SE 103 stuff into back in 06, but for that money, could have bought the roadking, installed a turbo and got the same power without sacrificing reliability and put the rest of the money into a New 919 and still had money left over.

And I am not bashing any bike, I happen to own quite a few Harley's as well.
the 919 is still faster.........

And the Horse is the best chopper mag out there. Been a subscriber since the early 90's

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.