Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

241 - 251 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Great to hear you're doing well man.
Can't wait to see the vid, stay strong dude.

+1 for the Hangster Legacy!

·
Registered
298 Posts
new boots yet?

Get those boots yet Dean?
Well, not really so-called "riding boots", but using a new pair of heavy duty steel-toe over-the-ankle work shoes (better than flip-flops) :innocent:, new pair of armored riding gloves and new upgraded helmet. Boots coming soon though. I'll post pics to verify. Take care Bro.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,618 Posts
Well, not really so-called "riding boots", but using a new pair of heavy duty steel-toe over-the-ankle work shoes (better than flip-flops) :innocent:, new pair of armored riding gloves and new upgraded helmet. Boots coming soon though. I'll post pics to verify. Take care Bro.
I insist on 8 inch minimum work boots on a bike, but still feel a bit naked with them.

·
Super Moderator
1,872 Posts
I wouldn't think that a glider would be considered a "step up". They are completely different animals. You are in the open on the hand glider and have direct control of the flight, with feedback, and without any controls/levers/pullies. There is also the physicality of the run and leap and the landing.

Saying it is a step up is like saying a car is a step up from a motorcycle is some respects.

·
NWTB Non Stinky 919
1,504 Posts
I wouldn't think that a glider would be considered a "step up". They are completely different animals. You are in the open on the hand glider and have direct control of the flight, with feedback, and without any controls/levers/pullies. There is also the physicality of the run and leap and the landing.

Saying it is a step up is like saying a car is a step up from a motorcycle is some respects.
I agree with that, apples and oranges.

It's the progression of flying items.

hang glider
glider
small single prop high wing
small low wing plane
jet
and so on.

My brother started flying at 15, started on a single prop cessna and worked his way up to Eagles, aka F15. He started flying gliders about 2 years ago and says they're friggin awesome. Hes also hang glided before.

I wouldn't replace a hang glider with a glider, just like my 919 will never replace my GSX-R1000. But the next step up (in the flying world) is to also move into gliders if able.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow ----You survived with a good going ahead mindset!!!!

I got totaled by a 13yr old on a pedal bike once.. That was enough to make my head spin.
Still clear as day 15 years later.
Keep posting, you have a great support team here!

241 - 251 of 251 Posts