Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

221 - 240 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have not heard from him either. Although im not on here as much as I was before. Both him and I were crashed around the same time we compaired injurys for alittle bit. I know I got lucky as hell and I survived mine. I atribute that to wearing full gear at the time of my crash. I was wearinv

1. Arai corsair helmet
2. Astar smx plus boots
3. Astar sp1 gloves
4. Technic full length spine protector
5. Frank thomas 1 piece suit with the optional hard armor kit in it

I clipped a tree at 50ish after my right front brake line rubbed through. I was out for 8 months from work with 3 broken bones tib fib and femure broken on right side plus fractured right hand and patella platue. I have been back to work for alittle over a year now. It was realy ruff when I started back to work. Now im back to riding and hage added sevrral new bikes to the fold.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
it's been a while

Hello all , well it's been a while and i thought i'd close this thread out.

I'm doing great , no meds or phantom pain since last year and i can jog short distances , in a few months i'll be able to run short distances too but my riding days are over .
I'll be going back to work this November but in the mean time i'm having a blast with my new toy

I believe technology advances are making riding a far more dangerous hobby than it was just a few years ago and it's only going to get worse but i did learn something while in them nursing homes and talking to old folk and that is to do what you love while you can , once you get to be in the same place as they are now it'll be too late so don't hesitate to follow your passion because none of them said "i wish i worked harder" or "i wish i had made more money" no , not a single one but i did get advice from them and assurance that even though you go through pain it makes the memories that much less forgettable .
Anyways i won't be around forums any longer but ride safe and keep the rubber side down , will ya.

·
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)
6,883 Posts
What's up Hangster, good to see you back in action and in the air again! Hear hear on that old folk advice!

Several people got themselves proper gear from this thread alone, including myself. Btw, that handlebar and draggin jeans are holding up great. Thanks for being a part of our community, all the best.

Andrew

·
Super Moderator
1,872 Posts
Hangster - I'm not sure you will check back in on this forum, but I wanted to thank you for the update. You have been a true inspiration for so many as you worked your way through your rehab and a million surgeries. As Andrew also noted, many are now wearing more gear as a result of you sharing your experience.

I'm so happy to see you back on the glider! Soar, friend!

·
Super Moderator
7,664 Posts
Hangster, I wish you all the best! Thanks for being a part of WristTwisters and an inspiration!

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,618 Posts
Hello old friend.
It is very good to see you vertical and full of life again.
What an incredible journey you have endured. You are proof that
a man can get the crap knocked out of him, but not his spirit!:yes:
Pretty damn awesome hobby you have picked up and I think it suits you to a 'T'!
I am personally afraid of heights and always get a bit sphincter tied looking out of an airline window.

I do not know if we will ever communicate again, but personally, I think if you stopped by and showed some aerial pics of your upcoming adventures, it would be quite the rage around here.

If you bid us all "Rubber side down" the least we all can wish is that air always fills your wings, bro.

Best always,:flowers:

Dave

·
just send it.
1,600 Posts
Great update! I'm not sure if you will check back on the responses, but this story was a real eye opener. When I started riding, I'll admit I only wore a jacket and a helmet... sometimes gloves. After reading your story 2 years ago I made sure to go out and purchase a good set of boots and MC pants.

All your pain and suffering will not have been for nothing. It may just motivate someone into purchasing some good gear and saving their life.

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,618 Posts
All your pain and suffering will not have been for nothing. It may just motivate someone into purchasing some good gear and saving their life.
+1 for sure

I would say that this whole thread in it's entirety should be prominently located for the easiest of access on WristTwisters so that visitors may find it with the greatest of ease.

We may refer to it as "The Hangster Effect" or "The Hangster Legacy"

What say ye members, moderators and owner?

·
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)
6,883 Posts
+1 for sure

I would say that this whole thread in it's entirety should be prominently located for the easiest of access on WristTwisters so that visitors may find it with the greatest of ease.

+1 Great idea! Let's sticky this thread onto the riding gear portion of the forum

·
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)
6,883 Posts
I don't have the power to sticky threads, just agreeing with you. If I could I would, mods?

·
That's nacho cheese!
17,618 Posts
It's already done my friend.:yes:

·
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)
6,883 Posts
Well done!!

It's because of this thread I got:
An assortmenyt of riding pants
Sidi Vertigo Boots
Knox Back Armor
Joe Rocket Speedmaster Gloves

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hello old friend.
It is very good to see you vertical and full of life again.
What an incredible journey you have endured. You are proof that
a man can get the crap knocked out of him, but not his spirit!:yes:
Pretty damn awesome hobby you have picked up and I think it suits you to a 'T'!
I am personally afraid of heights and always get a bit sphincter tied looking out of an airline window.

I do not know if we will ever communicate again, but personally, I think if you stopped by and showed some aerial pics of your upcoming adventures, it would be quite the rage around here.

If you bid us all "Rubber side down" the least we all can wish is that air always fills your wings, bro.

Best always,:flowers:

Dave

I'd like to say Thanks to you all for the positive attitudes and the cool wrist twisters support throughout .
Right now i am landing on wheels but in October i'll be covered by medicare and i will make a video to post up my first prostethic landing and more than that i'll be wearing a special shirt just for you :blink:.
October 15th is my goal date (you can hold me to that ) .
This could get ugly so be sure to stay tuned as i will have a vid ether way. :lurker-eating-popco

·
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)
6,883 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
+1 for sure

+1 on the Hangster Lagacy slot. Every activity has its risks but as a rider, I probably don't think about it as much as I should. But here's a man who thought enough of his riding brothers to share his life-changing experience for our benefit and he's had a positive influence on my approach to riding. Thank you Hangster and God bless you in all your days ahead.

·
Super Moderator
7,664 Posts
+1 on the Hangster Lagacy slot. Every activity has its risks but as a rider, I probably don't think about it as much as I should. But here's a man who thought enough of his riding brothers to share his life-changing experience for our benefit and he's had a positive influence on my approach to riding. Thank you Hangster and God bless you in all your days ahead.
Get those boots yet Dean?

221 - 240 of 251 Posts